School operators target buying & contractor issues
- At ASFSA Conference in Denver: Managing Commodities, a La Carte. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the issues addressed at the 1999 American School Food Service Association conference in Denver, Colorado. Effect of commodity usage on food service; Ways by which children are encouraged to take breakfast; How labor is retained.
- School roundtable in Orlando: Operators call out for changes.. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the meeting of foodservice operators representing schools districts in the United States during the American School Foodservice Association (ASFSA) national conference in Orlando, Florida regarding the issues impacting school foodservice sector. Significance of alternative feeding...
- To share child nutrition ideas: ASFSA joining hands with world... // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p16
Discusses the gathering of school foodservice officials from different countries at the American School Foodservice Association's (ASFSA) annual conference in Orlando. How the ideas exchanged at the conference allowed Americans to help combat world hunger; American school service program as a...
- Pizza Hut opens new Commissary Kitchen. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the Commissary Kitchen concept debuted by Pizza Hut Express to school operators at the 1998 American School Food Service Association national conference in Anaheim, California. Installation of the concept in Crown Point School District in Indiana in the fall of 1998; Concept features.
- Elaine Hunt. // Food Management;Feb2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p30
Profiles Elaine Hunt, senior director of Child Nutrition at Wake Country School District in Raleigh, North Carolina. Strategy for meeting the challenge of managing major growth while maintaining financial stability; Competent staff; Tight labor market; Proper training; Refine of customer input.
- RECOMMENDS CURB ON COMPETITIVE FOODS: ASFSA presses Congress for support of school f/s. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the response to the efforts to rally support for federal restrictions on competitive foods in schools in the United States at the American School Food Service Association's Legislative Action Conference in Washington. Details on the conference; Issues discussed at the conference.
- Nominate Someone for a FAME Award. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p18
The article calls for nominations to the 2007 Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence Awards. Nominees must be school food service professionals or avid supporters of child nutrition who are members of the School Nutrition Association. The deadline for nominations will be on September 8, 2006.
- Beverly Girard MBA, MS, RD, SFHS. Lefebvre, Joanne // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p42
The article profiles Beverly Girard, director of Food and Nutrition Services of Sarasota County Public Schools in Florida. Girard is a recipient of International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's 2006 Silver Plate Award for her commitment to training, as well as the future of child...
- Going "Old School.". // FoodService Director;6/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p6
The article profiles Peter Esposito, school nutrition director of Cape Elizabeth School District in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. According to the author, Esposito started the process of rebuilding the school's food service program as soon as he took over the position in 2009. Esposito says that he was...