The Admiral Who Brings Order to the 'Wild, Wild West' of Information Systems
- Reserve ships hone skills during missile shoot. Marks, Kimberly // All Hands;Nov94, Issue 931, p38
Reports on the completion of an eight-day exercise by six guided-missile frigates from Destroyer Squadron 6 (DESRON 6) of the United States Navy fleet. Fulfillment of missile training requirements against airborne targets; Coordination of operations among the squadron ships; Establishment of...
- Influencing the fleet. Geison, Gregory P. // All Hands;Nov94, Issue 931, p42
Features Naval officers and sailors from the Surface Warfare Officers School Command in Newport, Rhode Island who train surface warriors before going out to the fleet. Includes Mike Wehmer; Woody Hall; Marvin Sullivan.
- BUPERS who's who. // All Hands;Mar1995, Issue 935, p4
Presents a diagram on US Navy's personnel. Chief of Naval Personnel; Deputy Chief of Naval Personnel; Assistant Chief of Naval Personnel for Military Policy and Career Progression; Assistant Chief of Naval Personnel for Management Support.
- Our people. // All Hands;Jan1996, Issue 945, p7
Provides information about the personnel that comprise the United States Navy. Quality of life; Percentage of active-duty sailors with families; Geographic population distribution of Navy personnel and their family members; Minorities.
- Hitting the books. // All Hands;Jan1996, Issue 945, p12
Provides information about the educational programs offered by the United States Navy to its members. Tuition Assistance; Program for Afloat College Education; Enlisted Education Advancement Program.
- Space-A. // All Hands;Jul96, Issue 951, p3
Reports on the Department of Defense's (DOD) policy change affecting the Space-Available (Space-A) travel season for 1996. Family members' accompaniment of their sponsor in an emergency leave situation; Occurrence of Space-A opportunities.
- The making of a masterpiece. Hart, Michael R. // All Hands;Jul96, Issue 951, p13
Discusses how the Navy's Great Lakes, Illinois Recruit Training Command (RTC) shape recruits into sailors. Efforts to instill the Navy's core values; Training program; Folding and stowing inspection; Teamwork and attention to detail.
- Education is in your future. // All Hands;Jul96, Issue 951, p20
Presents an overview of education information for Navy personnel. Navy Campus Education Center at each major shore installation; Program for Afloat College Education (PACE); Financial aid; Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES); Courses; Training and professional...
- Education opportunities--Japan. // All Hands;Jul96, Issue 951, p24
Presents an overview of off-duty education opportunities for United States Navy personnel in Japan. Navy Nurse Corp NROTC; Naval Postgraduate School (NPGS); Naval Academy; Navy Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship program (HPSP); Nuclear Propulsion Officer Candidate (NUPOC); Navy Civil...