Balancing the journalist and the journalism
- Lewis leaving post at NPR. Stern, Christopher // Variety;04/13/98, Vol. 370 Issue 9, p20
Announces the resignation of Delano Lewis as president and chief executive officer (CEO) of National Public Radio. Reason for Lewis' resignation; Other jobs held by Lewis.
- SHE'LL GO FAR FOR NPR. // Washingtonian Magazine;Jul2012, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p22
The article announces that award-winning journalist and reporter Leila Fadel was hired by National Public Radio (NPR) to be its foreign correspondent in Cairo, Egypt.
- On a roll. // New Yorker;11/23/92, Vol. 68 Issue 40, p53
Discusses the journalistic career of National Public Radio foreign correspondent John Hockenberry and how he has managed to be a force despite being paralyzed from the waist down the last 16 years. His recent assignment for ABC News with producer Leslie Cockburn in Somalia; His work for NPR...
- Ambiguously Genuine. // New Yorker;11/18/2013, Vol. 89 Issue 37, p24
The article presents a profile of the radio voice announcer Frank Tavares, the underwriting announcer for National Public Radio. Details are given highlighting Tavares' 31 year tenure in the position, his attitudes concerning his job, and the 2013 appointment of voice actress Sabrina Farhi to...
- Rarey Now Leads NPR Labs. Stimson, Leslie // Radio World;3/26/2014, p3
The article announces the promotions of Rich Rarey to be the director of NPR Labs and Mark Murphy to director of engineering for NPR Distribution of the U.S. National Public Radio (NPR).
- WOMEN TO WATCH. SEBASTIAN, MICHAEL // Advertising Age;6/3/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 22, p10
The article focuses on Emma Carrasco, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of the public broadcasting organization National Public Radio (NPR), considering her creation of a pilot advertising campaign for the network.
- Just say 'no, thank you.'. Schotz, Andy // Quill;May2007, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p31
This article discusses ethics, journalism, and saying no when it comes to receiving gifts. The Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) advises its employees to refuse gifts, free travel, and special treatment of any kind that would compromise the integrity of their craft. Acceptable levels for...
- You Are Here? Then Here You Are! // Radio World;9/7/2011, p4
The article focuses on the Geo-coding Usage Task Group (GUTG) created by a subcommitte from the U.S. National Radio Systems Committee (NRSC). It says that GUTG will be responsible for developing a location-based radio broadcast services and technologies that will provide American consumers with...
- Steve Inskeep. Summers, Nick // Newsweek;10/10/2011, Vol. 158 Issue 15/16, p22
An interview with Steve Inskeep, radio talk show host on National Public Radio (NPR), is presented. Topics include political stability in Pakistan, the role of women in the city of Karachi in Pakistan, the resignation of the chief executive officer of NPR in the spring of 2011, and a search of...