HR--center stage at the rock and roll hall of fame
- Rock-and-Roll is (really) here to stay. Parney, Lisa Leigh // Christian Science Monitor;9/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 198, p14
Informs about the opening of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland. Description of the museum and its exhibits; Reasons for the selection of Cleveland as site for the museum; Concert to mark the inauguration of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Not Just Another Dog-Horn Museum. Silva, Ian de // Historic Traveler;Apr99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p18
Features the Johnson Victrola Museum in Dover, Delaware. Phonograph inventor Eldridge Reeves Johnson's music and machines displayed at the music museum; Location; Hours of operation.
- Hendrix, Isley Brothers are Rock Hall's inductees. // Jet;11/25/91, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p34
Lists some of the new black inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame early next year, including Jimi Hendrix, Sam and Dave, and the Isley Brothers.
- The beat goes on. Hoving, Thomas // Town & Country;Mar96, Vol. 150 Issue 5190, p46
Features the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio. Ahmet Ertegun and Jann Wenner as project organizers; Fund-raising for building construction; Preservation of the musical movement's memorabilia.
- Satisfaction guaranteed. // Newsweek;1/30/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p73
Report on the fourth annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions, enshrining Dion, the Temptations, the late Otis Redding, Stevie Wonder, and the Rolling Stones.
- Tube. Hiltbrand, David // People;9/4/95, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p15
Reviews the live Rock and Roll Hall of Fame live concert on September 2, 1995 in Cleveland, Ohio, in celebration of the opening of the same-named museum. INSET: This week..
- What a hall!. Cohen, Jason // Texas Monthly;Jan97, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p92
Details the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio. The influence of Texas musicians, such as T-Bone Walker and Janis Joplin; The different displays in the Ahmet Ertegun Exhibition Hall; The items on display such as John Lennon's Sgt. Pepper uniform.
- Finally, Rock computes. Hawn, Matthew // Macworld;Jan1996, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p133
Features the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio. Multimedia materials offered; Contact information.
- Hall-American rock. Browne, David // Entertainment Weekly;9/15/95, Issue 292, p102
Reports on the launching of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio, on September 2, 1995. Parade; Description of the building; Memorabilia on display; Worshipful approach toward old school rock and rhythm and blues (R&B) stars.