Making moviegoers the real stars
- Loews publishes security brochure. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/18/93, Vol. 208 Issue 18, p3
Reports on Loews Hotels' development of a brochure highlighting several precautions and reminders about travel and home safety. Crime prevention suggestions and techniques.
- Loews hosts `Monopoly Power Breakfasts' for charity. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/4/93, Vol. 208 Issue 17, p11
Features Loews Hotels and Parker Brothers' `Monopoly Power Breakfasts'. Local charities as recipients of the proceeds; Amount raised; Breakfast series as one of the activities of the company's Good Neighbor Policy.
- Movie monsters shake industry. Serwach, Joseph // Crain's Detroit Business;09/22/97, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p1
Reports that AMC Woods and two other long standing Detroit, Michigan AMC theaters are being sold because they are outdated. Discussion on the opening of Star Southfield in June, 1997; Information on the popularity of this theatre; Comments from President, Barrie Loeks.
- Retail, radio star in Loews summer promo. Rosenblum, Trudi Miller // Billboard;7/17/93, Vol. 105 Issue 29, p96
Reports on the marketing campaign for the summer by the Loews Theatres chain. Promotional contests; Radio advertising; Duration; Coordinated radio campaign in the cities of Boston, Chicago, and Dallas.
- AMC shops for more Tarrant megaplexes. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;01/02/98, Vol. 10 Issue 36, p1
States that AMC Entertainment Incorporate is seeking a location in Tarrant County, Texas, for `megaplex' units. Comments from Rolando Rodriguez, senior vice president of operations of AMC South Division; Information on the company's plans; Details on some of the company's `megaplex' units in...
- Kerasotes circuit to AMC. McCUNTOCK, PAMELA // Daily Variety;1/20/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 13, p15
The article informs about the acquisition of nearly all Kerosotes Showplace Theaters in the Middle West of U.S. by AMC Entertainment Inc.
- AMC directs seats to 42nd St. Toumarkine, Doris // Hollywood Reporter;7/17/95, Vol. 338 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the entry of Kansas City, Kansas' AMC Entertainment chain to New York City with the building of a 25 to 30 screen multiplex on Times Square's 42nd Street. Two anchor tenants of AMC; AMC's use of the IMAX 3-D auditorium; Success of the IMAX 3-D.
- Loews plans showplace hotel in deco district. Heimlich, Cheryl Kane // Variety;6/10/96 Supplement Miami, Vol. 363 Issue 6, p81
Reports on the plans of Loews Corp. to break ground in summer of 1996 on an 800-room hotel in Miami, Florida. Construction project as key to Miami's convention business; Entertainment-related features of the hotel.
- Loews overcome by smoke at 2 units. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;7/26/93, Vol. 9 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the problems plaguing the insurance and tobacco conglomerate Loews Corp. Salomon Brothers Inc.'s trimming of earnings estimate for 1993; Supporters' claim of strong cash flow; CNA Financial Corp.; Hurricane Andrew's impact; Percentage of revenue coming from Lorillard Inc. tobacco...