New EEOC guidelines affect ADA handlinng
- Unexpected uses of the Disabilities Act. // Christian Science Monitor;7/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 170, p19
Opinion. Comments on the complaints filed by various employees with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission regarding violations of rules under Americans With Disabilities Act by corporations.
- Clarifying a disability under ADA. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Nov95, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p17
Discusses the Equal Employee Opportunity Commission's guidelines to help employers and employees to understand their rights and responsibilities under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Difference between the lack of education and having learning disabilities; Personality traits which...
- An extension of the ADA. Seaman, James G. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager;Sep97, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p5
Describes the enforcement guidance issued by the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in the application of the American With Disabilities Act. Prohibition of employment discrimination against individuals with disabilities; Restrictions imposed in the privacy of medical records;...
- THE EEOC'S ENFORCEMENT OF THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT IN THE SIXTH CIRCUIT. Miller, Paul Steven // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Winter98, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p217
Demonstrates the advantages of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) amid criticisms. Demonstration of how the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has enforced the ADA; Responses to the criticisms of the ADA.
- Preemployment questions under the Americans with Disabilities... Barnett, Tim; McVea, Winston N. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Winter97, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p23
Gives information on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) law signed by former President George Bush in 1990. What factors influenced the banning of discrimination towards the disabled in private sector employment; How the ADA selects its personnel; Complaints made to the Equal Employment...
- EEOC gives guidance on legal and illegal inquiries under the ADA. Murphy, Betty Southard; Barlow, Wayne E. // Personnel Journal;Aug94, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p26
Reports that the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has approved an enforcement guidance on preemployment disability-related inquiries and medical examinations under the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). Prohibition by ADA of questions about the existence, nature or...
- EEOC guidance on definition of `disability' // National Public Accountant;Jan96, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p42
Reports that a manual which helps to determine whether a person has a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act was released by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- EEOC offers guidelines for ADA compliance. Fletcher, Meg // Business Insurance;5/30/94, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p18
Reports on guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to investigators of employer compliance with the American with Disabilities Act. Prohibition of investigation of physical fitness of applicants; Examples of inquiries not related to disability issues; Examples of...
- Employers: Embrace the psychiatrist. Davis, Howard A. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p126
Discusses the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's Enforcement Guidance which explains the provisions of the American with Disabilities Act. Rights of employees with alleged psychiatric disabilities; Definition of mental impairment; Guidelines to the employers.