U.S. Secretary of Labor Alexis Herman
- GENDER GAP. // Black Enterprise;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p81
Interviews former U.S. Labor Secretary Alexis Herman. Reason for the difficulties of women in moving up to the corporate ladder; Factors attributed to the narrow ratio between the average earnings of men and women; Advice for women on succeeding in the workplace and moving up the corporate ladder.
- At work in the Labor Department. // HR Magazine;Jun98, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p102
Presents an interview with Alexis M. Herman, secretary of labor. Assessment of performance in first year; Challenges as labor secretary; Views on involvement of employers in welfare-to-work programs; Grants for welfare-to-work programs.
- 15 minutes with...Alexis Herman. Blears, James // Business Mexico;Jun1996, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p6
Presents an interview with Alexis Herman, White House Director of Public Liaison and assistant to President Bill Clinton on the trade mission to Mexico titled `Women in Trade'. Background on the mission; Objectives of the mission; Objective behind having just women on the trade mission; Plans...
- 5 QUESTIONS FORâ€¦Alexis Herman. Samuels, Adrienne P. // Ebony;Apr2008, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p40
An interview with one of the members of the board of directors for Coca-Cola, Alexis Herman, is presented. When asked for advice on reaching one's goals, she says that one should do his best for the task at hand. She describes that as a member of the board, she is involved in the strategic...
- U.S. Secretary of Labor, Alexis M. Herman, EXPLORES FUTURE CHANGES IN AMERICA'S WORKFORCE. MILLER, ROBERT G. // Black Collegian;Feb99 2nd Semester, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p152
Interviews United States Secretary of Labor Alexis M. Herman, about many aspects of her strategic goals and aspirations for the balance of her career as labor secretary. Top priorities she wants to accomplish before leaving office; Key characteristics and values that have contributed to her...
- The Magnolia Mediator. Whigham-Desir, Marjorie // Black Enterprise;May2000, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p143
Interviews United States Secretary of Labor Alexis M. Herman. Impact of the New Economy concept to African-American workers; Efforts taken by the government to resolve pay differences; Information on the Work Force Investment Act.
- Woman on a mission. Jones, Joyce // Black Enterprise;Nov99, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p34
Interviews Alexis Herman about her role as United States Secretary of Labor. Her view on her role and that of her department in terms of serving the nation; How the North American Free Trade Agreement affected Afro-American workers; Her greatest accomplishment.