The Genoveses Find God
- `Live' with TAE. Kauffman, Bill; Walters, Scott // American Enterprise;Sept/Oct96, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p21
No abstract available.
- Genoveses try to alter the course of history teaching. Goode, Stephen; Kozak, Rick // Insight on the News;06/01/98, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p20
Presents an interview with Communist Party member Eugene Genovese and wife Elizabeth Fox-Genovese on the political correctness of historical scholarships. Educational background on the Genovese; Information on the political career of the Genovese; Details on books written by Eugene Genovese.
- How politicized studies enforce conformity: Interviews with Julius Lester and Elizabeth... Short, Thomas; Iannone, Carol // Academic Questions;Summer92, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p48
No abstract available.
- Models and mentors. // Women's Review of Books;Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p24
Presents an interview with women's studies professionals Evelyn Higginbotham and Eugene Genovese, discussing their personal and professional relationship and how it has influenced their work. Questions asked in interview.
- just a sketch of what a feminist art, or feminism, could or ever did mean before or after whatever is implied by the present. Cottingham, Laura; Bee, Susan; Schor, Mira // M/E/A/N/I/N/G: An Anthology of Artists' Writings, Theory & Criti;2000, p68
Presents views on feminist art. Primary aim of a feminist art; Institutionalization of feminism within the academy; Emergence of antifeminism during the 1970s and early 1980s; Definition of feminism.
- Transnational Feminism as Critical Practice. Jamal, Amina // Meridians: Feminism, Race, Transnationalism;Apr2005, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p57
This article focuses on the feminist politics and rhetorical practices in the nation-state of Pakistan. In their struggles at a variety of family, community and state' levels, feminist and human rights groups in Pakistan have traditionally resorted to liberal notions of citizenship,...
- In the Field: Low Profile Anti War. Feldman, Sheryl // Women & Environments International Magazine;Spring2003, Issue 58/59, p49
Reports on the activities of the Huairou Commission. Information on the 'Local to Local Dialogues' project; History of the commission.
- What Can the Matter Be? Rooney, Ellen // American Literary History;Winter1996, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p745
The article states that the problematic relationship of feminism and materialism has a long history. But the recent resurgence of feminist interest in this unhappy couple is not a repetition of earlier battles over the primary contradiction, class versus gender. On the contrary, feminism's...
- 'You learn about feminists but they're all like years old': Young women's views of feminism and women's history. Bulbeck, Chilla // Outskirts: feminisms along the edge;Nov2011, Vol. 25, p2
The article focuses on the relationship between young people's differently understood meanings of feminism and the sources from which they gain their ideas concerning feminism. It suggests that many young people exposed to women's studies resist claims that feminist activism remains necessary...