Spinning the Web
- Successfully Integrating Ops, Intel, and Cryptology. O'Connor, Cathal; Melbourne, Wolf; Layfield, Chad // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Sep2015, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p78
The article discusses integration of operations, intelligence and cryptology in the U.S. Navy. It mentions that integration of these capabilities could be achieved by leveraging the Navy Information Operations Command (NIOC) detachment's warfighting capabilities to train amphibious ready...
- Special Duty. // All Hands;Jan2000, Issue 992, p12
Describes the special programs offered by the United States Navy to sailors to meet the needs of the service, as well as to provide sailors a break from normal assignments.
- Watch to Watch. Butler, Laurie; Orr, Steve // All Hands;Jul94, Issue 927, p4
The article presents a background information on the 24 hours operation of the U.S. Navy with the USS Spruance (DD 963) upon joining the multi-national task force supporting Operation Support Democracy of the United Nations in the coast of Haiti.
- Navy Merges Network and Space Operations. Chaisson, Kernan // Journal of Electronic Defense;Sep2002, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p14
Reports that the U.S. Navy's Naval Network and Space Operations command has opened at Dahlgren, Virginia. Operational oversight of shipboard networks; Leadership in the area of fleet support; Mechanism to response to fleet telecommunications requirements.
- Make the SSGN Truly Transformational. Patton Jr., James H. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2002, Vol. 128 Issue 8, p65
Reports on developments relevant to transformation of the U.S. Navy. Conversion of Ohio-class ballistic missile submarines to conventionally armed guided-missile submarines (SSGN); Details of the SSGN program; Enhancement of the conduct of joint operations; Adoption of vehicles; Support of...
- NAVY COMPONENTS. // All Hands;Jan2011, Issue 1126, p2
The article presents the regional unified commands with component commands and numbered fleets with the corresponding Areas of Operation (AO) supported by the U.S. Navy including the U.S. Fleet Forces Command in Norfolk, England, U.S. 3rd Fleet in San Diego, California, and U.S. 7th Fleet in...
- Now one navy force. Totushek, John B. // Officer;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p48
Reports on the increased participation of United States Navy Reserve personnel in military operations. Development of a concept of One Navy Force; Requirement of reservists to meet mobilization-specific criteria; Deployment of reservists on international missions.
- Prowlers afloat and ashore. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the role of the United States Navy's Reserve Electronic Attack Squadron 209 in the success of a military operation against Serbian forces in Kosovo. Maintenance of the aircraft; Mission completion rate.
- SEALED FATE. Manley, Brendan // Military History;Sep2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p12
The article discusses operations conducted by the U.S. Navy SEALs special operations including a rescue of a U.S. pilot on April 2, 1972 in the Vietnam War, the sinking of a gunboat during the invasion of Panama in 1989 and an action taken in Kuwait February, 1991 during the Persian Gulf War.