10 Questions with Derek Brink . The Weakest Link in Computer Security is Humans
- Monitor E-commerce Risks & Security. // Credit Union Directors Newsletter;Nov2000, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the United States government's ability to maintain computer security and privacy.
- How to keep your secret data secret. Corbitt, Terry // African Business;May99, Issue 243, p22
Discusses tips on how to safeguard company data in computer. Use of encryption; Private and public keys; Legal considerations.
- Wired and Wary. // Current Health 2;Sep2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p31
The article presents information and suggestions related to computer security.
- To catch a thief. Rao, Srikumar S. // FW;6/6/95, Vol. 164 Issue 13, p70
Features solutions on preventing illegal access into computers. Security system developed by Security Dynamics that uses credit card-sized tokens; Kerberos security program developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Encryption programs marketed by RSA Data Security.
- Intrusion and intrusion detection. McHugh, John // International Journal of Information Security;2001, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p14
Assurance technologies for computer security have failed to have significant impacts in the marketplace, with the result that most of the computers connected to the internet are vulnerable to attack. This paper looks at the problem of malicious users from both a historical and practical...
- Computer security. Landwehr, Carl E. // International Journal of Information Security;2001, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p3
A strong factor in the early development of computers was security ï¿½ the computations that motivated their development, such as decrypting intercepted messages, generating gunnery tables, and developing weapons, had military applications. But the computers themselves were so big and so few...
- Public-key, digital documents talk of firms. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p88
Reports on computer security issues related to public-key infrastructure (PKI) and digital documents in the United States. Employees' access to all their business systems through PKI; Sending, reviewing and signing of official papers through digital technology without resorting to hard copy.
- Strategy clinic: consult the experts. // Computer Weekly;11/21/2002, p48
Provides solution to the problem of evaluating information technology security risks. Engagement in a dialogue with the executive team; Reference to surveys and guidelines; Criticality of assets; Analysis of various types of loss.
- Security Gateways Debut. Yocom, Betsy; Birdsall, Randall // Business Communications Review;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p20
Compares the configurations of security gateway systems from different companies. Cyberguard Corp.; Fortinet Inc.; ServGate Technologies; Symantec Corp.; Nokia Internet Communications. INSETS: Nokia's IP350;How We Tested.
- Bankers top computer security survey. // ABA Banking Journal;Dec84, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p115
Presents the results of a survey focusing on computer security in the financial and marketing industries. Computer security awareness of companies and senior managers; Impact of deliberate harmful acts by employees; Steps to protect corporate information.