`Solutions can be found.'
- This cold war is back. Fedarko, Kevin; Booth, Cathy // Time International (South Pacific Edition);03/11/96, Issue 11, p46
Looks at Fidel Castro President of Cuba, focusing on his response to the shooting of unarmed Cessna planes, piloted by Cuban-American exiles from Miami, Florida. Intentions of the group called `Brothers to the Rescue'; Comments fron Castro; Details of an interview conducted with Castro. INSET:...
- In Cuba, only `the revolution' can rule. Zuckerman, Mortimer B.; Robinson, Linda // U.S. News & World Report;9/26/94, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p56
Offers in interview with Cuban President Fidel Castro. Refugee crisis; The economy; Prospect for economic reform; Relations with the United States; Trade embargo; Antigovernment riot; Prospects for political liberalization.
- Castro's compromises. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/20/95, Issue 7, p53
Interviews Cuban dictator Fidel Castro. US-Cuban relationship; Reasons of Castro's durability; Drawing lessons from Yeltsin; Attitude on foreign investment; Legalization of the trade in dollars; Taxes; Cut in government expenditures; Legality of prostitution.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;3/14/1959, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p91
An excerpt from "The Reporter" journal about an interview with Cuban President Fidel Castro is presented.
- Interview: Fidel's defense. Brack Jr, Reginald K. .; Attinger, Joelle // Time;3/11/1996, Vol. 147 Issue 11, p38
Offers an exclusive conversation with `Time' magazine correspondents and Fidel Castro who tries to explain and justify the shooting down of two defenseless planes. Allegation of conditions of distrust; Allegations that the organization, the Brothers to the Rescue, were undertaking serious...
- An Interview with Fidel Castro. Zaragoza, Federico Mayor // New Crisis (15591603);Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p30
Interviews Fidel Castro about issues related to his administration in Cuba. Castro's opinion on the United States' purpose in maintaining the embargo despite the end of the East-West confrontation; Castro's views on the European Union's attempt to introduce a democracy clause in European-Cuban...
- Castro's compromises. // Time;2/20/1995, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p57
Interviews Fidel Castro. His thoughts on the love-hate relationship between Cuba and the United States; His comments on socialism and the fall of the Batista government; Attempts of the United States to crush the revolution in Cuba; Views on where communism went wrong; Discussion of poverty in...
- History in the Media. // History Today;Mar2001, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p7
Discusses history news in the mass media. Discovery of mummified animals in Egyptian tombs; Reasons behind the decision of Great Britain's Foreign Office to block a David Frost interview with Fidel Castro in 1969; Copy of the will of Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi unearthed in Barcelona, Spain.
- Fidel blows smoke. Mirabella, Alan; Rigg, Cynthia // Crain's New York Business;5/2/94, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p6
Reports on Cuban President Fidel Castro's interview with `Cigar Aficionado' magazine publisher Marvin Shanken. Giving up of his cigar habit; Other subjects discussed; Shanken's efforts to obtain the interview.