IN MID-SIZED SECTOR: Taher seizing opportunities
- Penny McConnell. Barrier, Brooke // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p24
Interviews Penny McConnell, director of Food and Nutrition Services, Fairfax County Public Schools in Springfield, Virginia. Education and career background; What she likes most in her career; Explanation of the Energy Zone Fitness Challenge; Uniqueness of their employee wellness program.
- AT ASHFSA CONFERENCE IN FLA.: HEALTHCARE'S NECESSITIES. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p20
Interviews several healthcare executives on issues concerning the food service needs of health facilities in the U.S. Employee management and retention strategies used by healthcare facilities; Actions taken to improve cafeteria sales; Provision of room service.
- B&I Guy Goes Back to School. // Food Management;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p28
An interview with Adam Miller, general manager for Pace University Foodservices in New York. When asked about what he wants when he grew up while he was a kid, he directly answered that he wanted to be a chef because of interest in food. He discusses what has attracted him to non-commercial food...
- Taher CEO buys quite a feast for charity. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/20/2015, p2
The article reports that Bruce Taher, chief executive officer (CEO) of foodservice management company Taher Inc., is offering charity to host a private farewell dinner at La Belle Vie, a dining landmark in Minneapolis that is closing on October 24, 2015.
- AND EYES OUT-OF-STATE ACCOUNTS: Crystal F/S out beyond B&I. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p20
Presents an interview with Tom Caccavo, vice president of Crystal Food Service. Background on the company; Information on the foodservice management contracts of the company; Plans for the expansion of the corporate dining business of Crystal Food.
- AT JOHNS HOPKINS LAB: JCP thrives in switch to P&L. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p27
Presents an interview with John C. Porter, president of J.C.P. Systems Inc. Action taken by Porter which enabled him to increase the company's profits in 2002; Food service operations of the company at John Hopkins Physics Lab; Challenges faced by the company.
- IN EYEING EXPANSION: FOOD SVC. INC. STAYS FRESH. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p30
Presents an interview with John Stewart, president of Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Food Service Incorporated. Growth rate of the company; His views on the equipment side of the vending business; Strategies used for attracting employees.
- Acting Up. // FoodService Director;4/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p20
An interview with Michael Kazimir, assistant foodservice director at Whitsons Culinary Group in Mahwah, New Jersey, about his life in the theater and its effect on his job is presented. He cites "Girl Crazy" in the eighth grade as his first play. When asked about his favorite roles, he mentions...
- AS LARGEST CONN. INDEPENDENT: For Bell, f/s is 'in my blood'. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p22
Interviews Israel Mackler, president of family-owned food service company Bell Food Service founded in Hartford, Connecticut. His experience within the food service company; Plans he envisioned for the company; Mission of the company; Evolution of the company;