Sugar Ray Leonard's ex-wife tells her side after exposure of his drug abuse
- Sugar-free: Juanita Leonard has a new life and a new love. Randolph, L.B. // Ebony;May1992, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p134
Profiles Juanita Leonard, former wife of boxing champion Sugar Ray Leonard. Her new life as her own woman; New relationship with singer Peabo Bryson; Religious beliefs; Reasons for her divorce from Leonard; Why she stayed in the troubled marriage as long as she did; Home in Bowie, Maryland.
- Sugar Ray Leonard's ex to work on book about her life as his wife. // Jet;12/30/91 - 1/6/92, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p18
Reports on plans of Juanita Wilkinson Leonard, ex-wife of former boxing champion Sugar Ray Leonard, to write a book about her life as his wife. Comments on book; Plans to close Northern Virginia clothing boutique to concentrate on writing book.
- Leonard's wife cites abuse and adultery in divorce petition. // Jet;11/19/90, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p36
Reports on charges of physical and emotional abuse and adultery made in divorce proceedings brought by Juanita Leonard against her estranged husband, boxer Sugar Ray Leonard. Alimony and child support requests.
- Juanita Leonard tells why she secretly married Atlanta Braves star Otis Nixon. Haywood, Richette L. // Jet;2/22/93, Vol. 83 Issue 17, p54
Presents an interview with Juanita Leonard, the ex-wife of boxer Sugar Ray Leonard, and Atlanta Braves outfielder Otis Nixon, who discuss why they secretly wed after a 12-week courtship. Nixon's comments on how Leonard was his great catch; How Nixon thought about her during the Braves' playoff...
- The Sugar Ray Leonard Family: A HOUSE DIVIDED. UNGER, NORMAN O. // Ebony;Mar1984, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p27
The article discusses the disagreement between boxer Sugar Ray Leonard and his wife Juanita regarding his decision to return to professional boxing 13 months later after retiring in November 1982. Juanita says she must support her husband, despite her objection to fighting. It was noted that...