Patti LaBelle tells how death of three sisters gives her a new attitude
- Girlfriend. Ebert, A. // Essence (Essence);Mar1991, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p68
Presents an interview with Patti LaBelle. Relationship with her husband and manager, Armstead Edwards; Her home in a Philadelphia suburb; Differences in her performing and private personality; Childhood; Deaths of five immediate family members; Son Zuri; Possible NBC television series.
- Patti LaBelle says `Forget my hair and costumes because my voice is the real me.' Haywood, R. // Jet;6/26/89, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p24
Interview with singer Patti LaBelle, who says her voice, rather than her hair and persona, is what's important. New album; Acting credits; Personal life.
- Talking with a legend: Patti LaBelle. NUNN, JERRY // Windy City Times;6/2/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p13
An interview with Patti LaBelle, an R&B legend, is presented.
- Patti LaBelle starts new career on `A Different World.' // Jet;1/21/91, Vol. 79 Issue 14, p58
Interviews singer Patti LaBelle, who is appearing on the NBC sitcom `A Different World' in the role of Dwayne Wayne's (Kadeem Hardison) mother. First appearance on show; Working with television family; Other acting work; Singing career plans.
- LaBELLE EPOCH. Boyd, Amanda; Doane, Kathleen // Cincinnati;Aug2005, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p20
Presents an interview with Patti LaBelle, a performing artist. Comments of Patti on contemporary pop music; Information on Patti's latest CD titled "Classic Moments"; Invitation of Elton John, a performing artist, to Patti for attending the annual Royal AIDS Benefit at his house; Note on Zuri...
- Labelle is 'back'. Shapiro, Gregg // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/30/2008, Issue 1088, p40
An interview with musicians Patti LaBelle, Nona Hendryx and Sarah Dash is presented.
- Wigged Out. Edwards, Pamela // Essence (Time Inc.);Jul2008, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p38
An interview with African American singer Patti LaBelle is presented. She explains why she started a wig line for Especially Yours. When asked about the inspiration for the wig designs, she said she showed Especially Yours old pictures of her hair. She talks about The Good Life, a line of hot...
- said patti label. Byrd, Kenya N. // Essence (Time Inc.);
Interviews singer Patti LaBelle. Views on getting any award; Achievement in life; Emphasis on being a Black woman in the music industry.
- Patti LaBelle talks 'Fela!' and her return to Broadway. Armstrong, Linda // New York Amsterdam News;9/23/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 39, p19
An interview with stage performer Patti LaBelle is presented. When asked about how she became one of the casts of the musical show "Fela!," she states that she was invited by its producers and Bill T. Jones. She mentions her preparations for the role that she portrayed in the show. She also...