AT JOHNS HOPKINS LAB: JCP thrives in switch to P&L
- Penny McConnell. Barrier, Brooke // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p24
Interviews Penny McConnell, director of Food and Nutrition Services, Fairfax County Public Schools in Springfield, Virginia. Education and career background; What she likes most in her career; Explanation of the Energy Zone Fitness Challenge; Uniqueness of their employee wellness program.
- AT ASHFSA CONFERENCE IN FLA.: HEALTHCARE'S NECESSITIES. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p20
Interviews several healthcare executives on issues concerning the food service needs of health facilities in the U.S. Employee management and retention strategies used by healthcare facilities; Actions taken to improve cafeteria sales; Provision of room service.
- B&I Guy Goes Back to School. // Food Management;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p28
An interview with Adam Miller, general manager for Pace University Foodservices in New York. When asked about what he wants when he grew up while he was a kid, he directly answered that he wanted to be a chef because of interest in food. He discusses what has attracted him to non-commercial food...
- AND EYES OUT-OF-STATE ACCOUNTS: Crystal F/S out beyond B&I. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p20
Presents an interview with Tom Caccavo, vice president of Crystal Food Service. Background on the company; Information on the foodservice management contracts of the company; Plans for the expansion of the corporate dining business of Crystal Food.
- IN MID-SIZED SECTOR: Taher seizing opportunities. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p30
Presents an interview with Bruce Taher, president and chief operating officer of food service firm Taher Inc. in the U.S. Career background of Taher; Reputation of the company; Operational status of the company as of February 15, 2003.
- IN EYEING EXPANSION: FOOD SVC. INC. STAYS FRESH. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p30
Presents an interview with John Stewart, president of Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Food Service Incorporated. Growth rate of the company; His views on the equipment side of the vending business; Strategies used for attracting employees.
- Acting Up. // FoodService Director;4/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p20
An interview with Michael Kazimir, assistant foodservice director at Whitsons Culinary Group in Mahwah, New Jersey, about his life in the theater and its effect on his job is presented. He cites "Girl Crazy" in the eighth grade as his first play. When asked about his favorite roles, he mentions...
- PREDATOR B for Reconnaissance and Surveillance. // Military Technology;Feb2002, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p39
Interviews John Porter, executives of General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc., the developer of the Predator unmanned aerial vehicle. Next commercial steps in Germany; Reasons for choosing STN Atlas as German partner; Assessment on the chance of the company in the European market.
- A dream come true. DICKENSON, SUSAN // Home Accents Today;Mar2011, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p90
An interview with Monica and John Porter, owners and creators of Ibolili and Montes Doggett collections of furniture, lighting and decorative accessories and tabletop is presented. The couple started their relationship and their business after meeting during the Seattle Gift Show in Washington....