MGR. OF MULTI-TENANT SITES: Hobbs battles locals in MA
- Consolidation is hot topic in race for market share. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the trend in the food service industry to consolidate in the United States. Move by top operators to gobble up weak operations; Background on the acquisition moves by several operators as seen during the Montgomery Securities Conference; Factors fueling the trend; Impact of the trend...
- In Brief. // Food Management;May2012, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p13
The article offers news briefs related to the food service industry in the U.S. as of May, 2012 including merger of the company Lindley Food Service with the Trusthouse Services Group, acquisition of the company Trinityby investment firm H.I.G. Capital LLC and opening of a new thousand-seat...
- SUPPLYSIDE. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Feb2013, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p10
The article food service industry news briefs for Canada including acquisition of the Scotsman Industries Inc. by Ali Group SpA, signing of a licensing agreement between Allseas Fisheries Corp. and the company Movenpick Group and Pam Holmes appointed as director at Unified Brands Inc.
- FINANCE. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/7/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p12
Presents news and developments relevant to the financial performance and operations of restaurant and food companies in the U.S. for 2003. Net income; Sales and revenue; Percentage increases in income; Mergers and acquisitions.
- Oven-maker buy to expand Middleby's range. Lee Murphy, H. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/10/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p37
Reports the acquisition of the Blodgett commercial cooking division of Maytag Corp. by food-service equipment manufacturer Middleby Corp. in Elgin, Illinois. Amount of the deal; Details of Middleby's strategic plans; Impact of globalization on the consolidation among manufacturers.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/25/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p3
Reports developments in the food service industry worldwide as of February 2002. Merger between Landry's Seafood Restaurants Inc. and C.A. Muer Corp.; Recipients of the Silver Plate Award from the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association; Plans of McDonald's Co. Japan to open units...
- 2001 REPORT: Revenue rises 8.39% among top contract mgmt. operators. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p49
Reports on the financial report of the food service industry in 2001. Percentage increase in food service dollar volume generated by contract management firms; Merger and acquisition activities in 2001; Trends in fast food service.
- Finding your niche in the merger puzzle. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on the impact of mergers and acquisitions to food service directors in the United States. Experiences of directors whose employers were involved in mergers; Use of mergers by directors to build their careers; Strategies to survive mergers and acquisitions. INSETS: Ground rules for...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/9/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p3
Reports developments related to food service in the United States as of July 2001. Accusation of BFMA Holding Corp. for the delay of buyout evaluation by Morton's Restaurant Group Inc.; Competition of shareholders for the control of Lone Star Steakhouse and Saloon Inc.; Merger between PJ...