SPOTLIGHT ON INDUSTRY
- Protesters arrested at Land-Mine Co. CAPELLARO, CATHERINE // Progressive;Dec98, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p14
Reports that protesters were arrested outside the office of weapons manufacturer Alliant Techsystems Inc., who were demanding that the company renounce land-mine production. Other demands of the protesters; Criticisms on the how the police treated the protesters; Charges given to four protesters.
- ATK Conducts Successful PGMM Ballistic Flight Test. // Defense Daily;2/14/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the flight tests for the Precision Guided Mortar Munition of Alliant Techsystems in 2006. It states the objectives of the flight tests. Plans of the company for the mortar are presented.
- ATK Opens FY '09 With Strong Results Despite Space Glitch. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;8/8/2008, Vol. 239 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of space system company Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) in the U.S. as of August 2008. ATK recorded strong earnings and sales to open its new fiscal year which are attributed to positive performance of its ammunition business. The company's net...
- Personnel Precision. FRAUENHEIM, ED // Workforce Management;Mar2011, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p22
The article presents information on a workforce planning system developed by weapons-maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK). Carl Willis, vice president of human resources at ATK, expects workforce analytics to save the company thousands of dollars over several years in reduced hiring and...
- Changes in the Missile World. Friedman, Norman // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2007, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p88
The article offers the author's views on global changes and recent technological developments in military weaponry. He refers to the advanced weapon and space systems company Alliant Techsystems Inc.'s proposed High Speed Surface Weapon (HSSW) and regard it a radical change in the missile world....
- Different, really different. // Dirt Bike;Jul94, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p28
Reviews the ATK 406 motorcycle. Company philosophy of ATK; Alteration of power ratio in the master cylinder; Generosity of flywheel effect; Need of improving suspension.
- Alliant Techsystems targets perfect as enemy of the good. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;3/18/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p14
The article reports on the move of the Alliant Techsystems Inc. to show alignment with the U.S. Department of Defense's 75% solution on weapons procurement.
- Dirt-cheap dirt-tracker. // Cycle World;June97, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p30
Features the motorcycle offered by ATK for 1997. Price; Availability in the United States; Engine; Will Davis and Kevin Atherton as designers.
- Ammo merger fight. Lavitt, Michael O. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/16/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 20, p11
Speculates that the Federal Trade Commission will halt Alliant Techsystem Inc.'s proposed acquisition of Olin Corp.'s Ordinance division on grounds the acquisition could reduce competition in the US market for certain types of ammunition. Alliant and Olin are the only suppliers of certain types...