Redesigning the company at Donna Karan
- Donna builds a home base. Larson, Soren // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/9/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the plan of Donna Karan Beauty Co. to launch Scents and Sensuality, a collection of candles, pillows and aromatherapy sachets. Plans to launch a scent called, Chaos; Success of the company's marketing of candles as holiday gifts; Limited distribution of Scents and Sensuality.
- DK shares drop. // Crain's New York Business;11/04/96, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p54
Reports on the decline of Donna Karan International Incorporated's shares by 19%, following the company's warning that fourth-quarter earnings will be break-even due to disappointing sales. Company's plans to license, sell or form a joint venture with a beauty unit.
- Cutting costs. // Crain's New York Business;06/02/97, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p46
Reports that in an effort to boost declining profits, Donna Karan International Incorporated will undergo a 4 percent cut in its workforce and reduce its annual number of runway fashion shows.
- Karan: We'll have a partner by Sept. 30. Fine, Jenny B., // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/18/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 13, p7
Focuses on Donna Karan Beauty Co. executives' claim that the company will have a financial partner by the end of September 1997. Reason for the company's search for a financial partner; Speculations over a possible partnership between Karan and Wella; Karan's plan to test its color cosmetics...
- Karan to close office in Prato. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/5/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 107, p2
Reports on Donna Karan International's plan to close its Italian production office as part of campaign to cut costs and return to profitability.
- Karan stock drops on quarter forecast. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/30/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 83, p17
Reports on the stock exchange performance of Donna Karan International Inc. shares as of October 29, 1996.
- Speculation on Karan boils. Fine, Jenny B. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/8/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 89, p8
Reports on speculation that a deal had been struck on Donna Karan's decision to loosen its grip on the Donna Karan Beauty Co. Inclination toward a capital infusion in the company or a joint venture alliance; Financial performance of the company; Comments from Donna Karan's husband Stephan Weiss.
- 2nd DKNY unit slated for London. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/19/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 96, p2
Reports on the opening of the second DKNY Store by designer Donna Karan, in the United Kingdom in December with Christina Ong of Club 21 as owner.
- Realtor says lease submitted for DKNY on Madison Avenue. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/8/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 107, p13
Reports on Donna Karan Co.'s negotiations for space at Madison Avenue, New York City. Construction of a flagship; Comments from Donna Karan president and chief operating officer Stephen Ruzow; Williams Real Estate Co. as a general partner in the property.