Mini-interview: CCA growth surges 70%
- Private jail manager should lock up savings. // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/05/96, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p6A
Editorial. Focuses on the plan to turn over the management of the Marion County, Indiana jail annex to the Corrections Corp. of America (CCA). Estimated savings from the private jail manager; Controversy over contracts with private firms; Profits generated by the CCA.
- Profile. // Corrections Today;Oct94, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p113
Features the Corrections Corporation of America (CCA). Focus on service; Employee incentives program; Partnership with French conglomerate Sodexho.
- On the block. Bai, Matt // Newsweek;8/4/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p60
Reports on Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) which bought the Central Treatment Facility in Washington, D.C. Condition of the $100 million dollar prison at the time of selling; Debates over whether prison's should be run for profits; CCAs programs and strategies for improving prison...
- Island in the Desert. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31777, p31
Reports that Corrections Corp. of America was seeking to build a private prison in Eloy in Arizona.
- Captive company. Larson, E. // Inc.;Jun88, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p86
Customer service, quality control, employee morale-- business is a whole different ball game when you're running a prison for profit. Profile of Corrections Corporation of America, which is in the vanguard of the movement to turn more public operations over to private industry.
- Not exactly a new hotel. // Las Vegas Business Press;09/15/97, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p3
Presents a photograph story regarding the Southern Nevada Women's Correctional facility built by Corrections Corp. of America.
- Criminal justice--your prison or mine? McBrien, P. Clare // National Catholic Reporter;3/31/95, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p28
Opinion. Describes the Citizens Against the Prison's efforts to stop the plans of local county officials and Corrections Corp. of America (CCA) to put up a prison in Wythe County, Virginia. Petitions; Call referendum; Investigative trip to CCA's prison in Tennessee; Case in the state...
- US Gets Another Ten Deals to Choose From. Appin, Richard // Bank Loan Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p12
Presents information on the financial offerings of several U.S. companies, such as Corrections Corp., HCA Healthcare and Vintage Petroleum.
- CORRECTIONS CORP OF AMERICAN. // Bank Loan Report;6/3/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p8
Reports on a bank loan package for real estate developer Corrections Corp. of American.