Using your arms, not your hands
- Mandates motivate to automate. DeWeese, Aaron // Waste Age;Feb2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the automation of garbage collection in California. Percentage of automated garbage trucks in the state; Importance of automation to recycling efforts; Cost effectiveness of automation; Aesthetic value of automation.
- EPS RECYCLING gaining Momentum. Verespej, Mike // Resource Recycling;Mar2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p27
The article explores the growing collection trends and innovations in recycle processing expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam materials in the U.S. It cites the emerging trend of recycling of foodservice items and packaging made from EPS adopted by consumer electronics corporation Best Buy Co. Inc....
- Collection strategy blooms in the desert De Roze, Dianne // World Wastes;Sep1996, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p26
No abstract available.
- Recycling facility of the month: Deffenbaugh Industries, Inc. on the frontier in K.C. Woods, Randy; McCreery, Patrick // Waste Age;Sep1995, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p89
No abstract available.
- NYC mayor delays recycling collection. // Waste News;08/31/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p23
Reports that New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani vowed in June, 1998, to impound funds for a recycling collection project that was set to begin in September, 1998. Outline of the recycling collection program in New York.
- NYC officials OK recycling. Fleming, Megan // Waste News;11/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the New York City Council's passage of a bill mandating weekly recycling pickups for the city's sanitation districts. Problems in the program's funding; Pilot recycling program implemented in the city.
- Containing collection costs. Block, Dave // BioCycle;Dec97, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p75
States that Olympia, Washington has increase efficiency by decreasing collection frequency of garbage while adding materials to curbside recycling. Garbage collection fees paid by residents; Problems faced by garbage and recycling services; Expansion of recycling opportunities.
- CART-BASED COLLECTION OPTIONS. Satkofsky, Amy // BioCycle;Jul2002, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p55
Provides information on the cart-based collection of recyclables and mixed organics in California. Capacity of carts used in waste collection; Impact on resident participation and recycling levels; Features of the organics collection program in San Francisco, California.
- New Mexico town tries automated pickup. Acohido, Byron // Waste News;06/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p22
Reports on Santa Fe, New Mexico's plan to conduct a yearlong pilot program using automated equipment to collect residential trash. Proposal for a city-wide pay-as-you-throw billing system for trash collection; Curbside recycling program.