Planners as Authors
- Untitled. // Paris Review;Winter2015, Issue 215, preceding p1
A table of contents for the December 2015 issue is presented.
- Asset Allocation. Ford, Jon // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p66
Reviews the book "Asset Allocation: Balancing Financial Risk," 3rd ed., by Roger C. Gibson.
- Writer's writers. Cote, Marc; Cowan, Doris; Posesorski, Sherle // Books in Canada;Jan/Feb87, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p8
Interviews Canadian writers about their prospects for 1987 and their choice of reading. State of Canadian literature; Government's support for their works and its intention to impose a tariff on imported books; Margaret Atwood's opinion that literature is flourishing; Sandra Birdsell's view...
- Web Site Serves Up New Writers. Oleck, Joan // School Library Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p17
The article looks at how several first-time novelists representing various publishers launched the Class of 2K7, a collaborative project to promote their books. The Web site (www.classof2k7.com) offers a video of all the various books, which are aimed at children age 7 and up, and has multiple...
- Rethinking the 'happy ending.'. Brophy, Stephen // Bay Windows;4/3/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p25
Presents an in interview with culture critic Michael Bronski on his book 'Pulp Friction,' which deals with literature on homosexuality in the 1950s and the 1960s. Conception of the book; List of gay novels that are familiar to Bronski; Discovery that excited Bronski concerning the content of...
- Talking with Avi. Broderick, Kathy // Book Links;Mar1997, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p56
Interviews author Avi about his self-described `quirky' books. Ways of writing the book; Ending the book `Beyond the Western Sea'; Values of the book; Encouragement for teachers; Original book characterization; Reasons for Avi's changing writing styles from book to book; Reasons of writing...
- Dad's day is done. Shapiro, Gregg // Bay Area Reporter;6/10/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p39
Presents an interview with Philip Galanes, author of the gay fictional novel "Father's Day." Author's depiction of domestic conflicts and gay sexual behavior; Relevance of the novel in the contemporary setting; Personal reflections of the author on love and sex.
- Roger C. Gibson on Portfolio Management. Rattiner, Jeffrey H. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1996, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p44
The article presents the interview of finance professional Roger C. Gibson, on issues related to portfolio management. On being asked whether he considers himself a money manager or a financial planner, he replied, "A money manager. I however, I was trained as a Certified Financial Planner...
- Donnelly's Light Shines. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 19, p31
Interviews Jennifer Donnelly, author of the young adult novel 'A Northern Light,' adapted as an audio book, read by actress Hope Davis. Inspiration to write the novel; Comment on the audio book adaptation; View on the performance of Davis on the audio book adaptation; Career plans.