Jonathan Macey, J.D
- Accountants' superannuation fate hangs in the balance. Evans, Rebecca // Money Management;5/27/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p1
Reports that the Australian Parliamentary Joint Committee on Corporations and Financial Services is set to clarify the accountancy industry's position in relation to recommendations on non self-managed superannuation fund structures. Concerns on the issue concerning financial planners and...
- Everyday money. Reddie, Mark // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2006, Issue 77, p14
The article presents news briefs related to financial management companies in Australia as of March 2006. Information on a cost-saving advertising strategy developed by ad4car is provided. Macquarie Investment Management Ltd. has launched the European Investors Global Property Trust Fund.
- Reinforcing the value of advice. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;12/14/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p12
The author reflects on the condition of financial services industry in 2006 and into 2007 in Australia. He assesses that the industry has finished the calendar year of 2006 in good shape with only few unresolved issues to be carried out forward into 2007. In addition, he analyzes that the...
- Wells Fargo Business Credit--Factoring Government Services Group. // Contract Management;2008 Resource Guide Supplement, p66
The article provides information on the Factoring Government Services Group of Wells Fargo Business Credit Inc. in Vienna, Virginia. The firm is the leading funding source for companies providing goods and services to federal, state, and municipal governments and their agencies. It offers...
- John Joseph on PROTECTION. Joseph, John // Money Marketing;5/13/2004, p30
Emphasizes the need for financial advisers to protect the financial services industry. Concern on the increase of e-mail traffic about easy-to-get rich schemes involving independent financial advisers; Benefits of using the IFAbonus directory inquiries.
- A MATTER OF INFORMATION. Rafael Termes-Carrero // FE: The Magazine for Financial Executives;Dec1985, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p25
Presents the author's perspectives of the management of money in Spain. Management of resources; Suggestion for the International Monetary Fund to establish a kind of early warning system that would make financial information available to concerned parties; Function of a Risk Information Center...
- Don't put onus of decoding complex products on consumers, FSCP urges. // Mortgage Strategy;3/5/2012, p13
The article focuses on a call from the Financial Services Consumer Panel for consumers to have to shoulder less responsibility for their financial decisions.
- FOFA reforms threaten smaller players. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;4/21/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the concerns about the potential consequences and risk behind the Australian government's Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) reforms which benefit the big financial institutions at the expense of mid-sized dealer groups and financial planners.
- Forget the Sports Car. Levin, Ross // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p24
This article presents the author's case for opting to be paid by fees instead of commissions for financial planning services offered by his firm. We now have much higher minimum fees. We have a larger staff with far more credentials and provide a whole range of services. I often get asked about...