SatCon Technology Corporation
- Lockhead Martin to Develop Undersea Vehicle. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Jul2003, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p40
Reports on contracts awarded by the U.S. Navy to several defense firms as of July 2003. Lockheed Martin Corp.'s contract to design a mission-reconfigurable unmanned undersea vehicle; Raytheon Network Centric Systems' production of Cooperative Engagement Capability systems; Electric Boat Corp.'s...
- SATCON GETS $1.5 MILLION HYBRID ELECTRIC VEHICLE ORDERS. // Industrial Environment;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1
Reports that SatCon Technology has been awarded contracts to develop novel power electronics and advanced materials technologies for hybrid electric vehicles in 2002.
- SatCon: The little science engine that could. Rodetis, Susan // Equities;Apr95, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on SatCon Technology. David Eisenhaure as president and chief executive officer; Manufacturing of high performance mechanical machinery; Production of intelligent electro-mechanical products; Use of governmental grants for research and development.
- Magnetic bearing at 36,000 RPM. Teresko, John; Stevens, Tim // Industry Week/IW;3/20/95, Vol. 244 Issue 6, p41
Reports on SatCon Technology Corp.'s development of a magnetically suspended turbine spinning at 36,000 revolutions per minute.
- Flywheel design challenges batteries. Hogan, Brian J. // Design News;8/11/97, Vol. 53 Issue 15, p89
Reports that SatCon Technology Corporation has built momentum wheels for satellites to produce the model 20C1000 flywheel-based energy storage system. Efforts to provide an alternate means of providing an uninterruptible power source for telephone and cable companies.
- Satellite control concepts bolster civil, defense systems. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/6/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 10, p43
Reports on the application of SatCon Technology Corp.'s expertise in active motion control to commercial uses ranging from race cars and aircraft flight controls to electrical utilities. Limitation of SatCon's original work to government-backed space and military projects; Examples of dual-use...
- Flywheel record. // Modern Power Systems;Sep94, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the claim of Massachusetts company Satcon Technology Corp. that it has set a new speed record for a flywheel for energy storage.
- Return of the flywheel. McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;Dec93, Vol. 243 Issue 6, p23
Reports that SatCon Technology Corp. is working with Chrysler to develop a new version of the flywheel system. How the energy-saving concept works; SatCon's proposals; Problem with flywheels as an energy-storage system.
- Opportunities for Small business: Doing Business for SPAWAR. // San Diego Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p33
Focuses on the small business programs of the U.S. Navy's Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR). Background on the role played by small businesses in the defense industries; Guidelines for small business firms planning to participate in the government contracting business; Contact...