AT ASHFSA CONFERENCE IN FLA.: HEALTHCARE'S NECESSITIES
- In hospitals: An outreach community service. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p122
Reports that according to many members of food and nutrition services departments in healthcare facilities throughout the United States who are involved in catering ventures, it is an enterprise well worth the effort. Importance of catering efforts to the facility's bottom-line; Reference to...
- Mt. Sinai Med. Center foodcourt draws 7,000/day. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p54
Focuses on the introduction of a branded food-court at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida. Who operates the food-court; Comments from John DeSantis, director of nutrition and food services at Mount Sinai; How the medical center has benefitted from the food-court; Information on...
- Major Trend: Network spurt causes fsds to mull cook-chill. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p74
Focuses on the network approach trend among healthcare foodservice facilities in the United States. Benefits of the approach; Challenges faced by the industry; How cook-chill production complements the network approach.
- No one solution fits all. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p110
Focuses on Home-Meal Replacement (HMR) programs as instituted by various healthcare facilities around the United States, highlighting the fact that there is no one solution that works for everyone. What Paul Deignan, director of nutrition at Burlington (IO) Medical Center, realised about their...
- Clean enough to eat from. Griffin, William R. // Health Facilities Management;May2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p33
Focuses on the importance of cleaning and maintaining food service areas in health care facilities. Types of surface materials; Supplies and equipment for cleaning; Details on several surface cleaning tips; Maintenance of cleanliness.
- Fewer menu choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p110
Reports on trends in food service in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Introduction of beef dishes at Presbyterian Medical Center; Offering of traditional food fare at The Grace Plaza of Great Neck; Regularly menued beef items.
- Going beyond turkey club. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on deli food operations in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport's offering of low fat deli meats; Health Choice meat products offered at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center's main cafeteria;...
- IN HEALTHCARE: Regional preferences rule. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p74
Reports on the regional preferences in the United States in relation to pizza and pasta food servings at medical facilities. Assistance provided by pizza manufacturers to operators; Variation in pasta offerings.
- FESTIVE AND PROFITABLE: HOLIDAY SPECIALTIES. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p86
Focuses on the holiday dessert program of the food service market in the United States. Features of the Holiday Buffet menu of Ron Hall, executive chef at Mercy Hospital in Iowa; Reasons for the ready-to-eat dessert offering of Linda Winman, production manager at Via Christi Hospital/St. Joseph...