Downsizing the arts
- L.A. Council goes to bat for NEA. // Hollywood Reporter;2/1/95, Vol. 335 Issue 41, p7
Reports on Los Angeles City Council's support for the full funding of the National Endowment for the Arts by adopting a resolution filed by Councilman Joel Wachs.
- Budget-hawk Republicans. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;7/14/95, Vol. 87 Issue 160, p2
Reports on a move to block an arts-funding bill, by the Republicans along with the Democrats who oppose wiping out the National Endowment for the Arts and other such agencies. Their objections to the proposed bill.
- NEA's New Lease on Life. Duin, Julia // Insight on the News;11/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p37
Focuses on the United States National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), with emphasis on the optimism of Chairman, William J. Ivey in restoring financial stability to the arts agency. Predictions of Ivey; Reference to the comments made by Ivey at a National Press Club luncheon in September 1998;...
- Changing the rules. Sullivan, John // American Theatre;Mar96, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the erratic spending measurements of the United States federal government. Funding assurance for the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA); Remarks by President Bill Clinton on funding cuts on performing arts; Establishment of World Wide Web sites by the Theatre Communications Group...
- Archaeology meets the 104th Congress. Neumann, Loretta // Archaeology;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p22
Comments on the federal policy of budget-cutting for several federal programs and its implication for management and protection of archaeological resources. Budget reduction for the National Endowment for the Arts; History of federal programs for the management and protection of archaeological...
- Culture wars. Schubert, Charlotte // Progressive;May98, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p13
Looks at the grant proposal from the (NEA) Army, a Seattle, Washington-based performance art troupe, requesting the entire National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) budget. Purpose of the troupe's move; Comments from Dylan Clark, project director of NEA Army.
- Seeking NEA Leadership. M. P. // Back Stage (19305966);2/13/2014, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the allocation by the U.S. Senate of 146 million dollars to the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) in 2014 and mentions the petition to U.S. President Barack Obama to appoint a chair for the NEA to oversee the annual budget and champion the arts.
- NEA Could Face Large Cuts in 2012 Budget. // International Musician;Aug2011, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p3
The article focuses on the decision of the U.S. House Appropriations subcommittee to lessen National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) funding to 135 million dollars for fiscal year (FY) 2012.
- NEA, NYSCA Funds 'Level' Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;2/8/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p4
Provides information on the proposed 2003 budget for the National Endowment for the Arts and the New York State Council for the Arts (NYSCA). Value of the budget proposals; Views on the commitment of the U.S. president to the arts; Attitudes toward the decrease in NYSCA funding; Effect of the...