Q&A: Big Lots CEO Mike Potter talks value
- Five keys to a successful media interview. Greaney, Thomas M. // Communication World;Apr/May97, Vol. 14 Issue 5/6, p35
Discusses pointers in the production of a successful media interview with chief executive officers of companies. Importance of preparation; Avoiding of jargon; Saying of name of company during course of interview; Micro/macro discussions; Respect for reporter deadlines.
- Pork Butt, Traditions and BNH. Mowry, Matthew J. // Business NH Magazine;Nov2014, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p7
An introduction is presented which discusses various topics to be presented in the next issue including the 30th anniversary of the periodical, winners of the Best Companies to Work For in 2014 and interviews with chief executive officers (CEO) in New Hampshire.
- Treatment of US CEOs differs among European journalists. Buchanan, Anne // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Jul2014, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p20
The article presents comments of the author on results of a survey study conducted on 165 journalists in 14 European countries to examine practices in preparing for and conducting interviews for Chief Executive Officers (CEOs).
- Expanding On A Solid Past. Dubin, Cindy H.; Covington, Alec // Food Logistics;10/15/2001, Issue 45, p18
Interviews Alec C. Covington, president and chief executive of AmeriCold Logistics LLC. Lessons learned from previous experiences; Reasons for working for a third party logistics providers rather than a food distributor; Challenges facing the food industry.
- Sweet Profile. // Candy Industry;Jan2003, Vol. 168 Issue 1, p58
Interviews Bob Bury, president and chief executive officer of Euphoria Chocolate Co. Favorite movies; Description of a perfect dream vacation; Book he is reading.
- Dare to dream. Frabotta, David // Managed Healthcare Executive;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p26
Interviews American Specialty Health chief executive officer George DeVries. Company history; Emergence of specialty care; Plan of the company to focus on consumer-directed healthcare; Competitive advantage; Performance standards. INSETS: American Speciality Health;Individuals reporting...
- TAKING BOTH ROLES. // Pensions & Investments;7/22/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p20
Interviews Allen Reed, chief executive of General Motors Investment Management Corp. in New York. Role of Reed in the company; Finance of absolute return strategies; Job description of money manager.
- QUICK TAKE. // Telephony;03/20/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 12, p32
Interviews Pat Nettles, chief executive officer of Ciena, about the recovery of the company in the field of optical networking since 1999. Changes in the equipment and stock price of China; Factor that contributed to the change in the negative image of the company; Other plans for the company.
- MIX and MATCH. Viveiros, Beth Negus // Direct;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p39
Interviews Gordon Cooke, chief executive officer and president of J. Jill, on marketing strategy. Importance of having a consistent brand image across channels; Hurdles in keeping a consistent brand image; Comments on the use of the Internet as a sales channel.