David Wyss on the Tenacious Recession and Planning for a Costly Retirement
- Q&A with economist David Wyss. Moffitt, Clay // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/21/2011, p1
The article presents an interview with David Wyss, chief economist at Standard & Poor's Corp., who discusses the economic condition in the U.S., the end of the recession, and the increasing consumer debt that affects the recovery.
- Home Prices in 20 Cities Climb. // American Banker;11/25/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 212, p8
The article reports that housing prices rose in 20 U.S. cities in September 2009. This is regarded as an indicator of economic recovery from the global financial crisis which began in 2008. Details on the Standard & Pool's/Case-Schiller housing price index statistics are presented, and various...
- Home Prices. // Qualified Remodeler;Sep2008, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the decline of the prices of existing single-family homes across the U.S., as May 2008 data released by Standard and Poor's Corp. regarding its S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices.
- All eyes on the US economy. Greenwood, Ross // inFinance;Jun2008, Vol. 122 Issue 2, p16
The article presents an interviews with David Wyss, chief economist of Standard & Poor's company in New York about the current crisis in the U. S. economy. He was asked about the seriousness in the experienced downturn in the U. S. economy and the severity of the recession among people and teh...
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;7/20/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33151, p2
Corrections to articles including the story on a bond sale in West Virginia that was published in the July 13, 2009 issue and the story on the downgrading of California's economic recovery bonds by Standard & Poor Corp. in the July 17, 2009 issue.
- David Wyss, Standard & Poor's Chief Economist. Wisniowski, Charles // Mortgage Banking;Jan2007, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p26
The article presents an interview with David Wyss, chief economist at Standard & Poor's Corp. in the U.S. Wyss remarked that the overall U.S. economy will experience a slow down to around 2.6 percent growth in 2007 from 3.3 percent in 2006. He also provided his outlook for the housing market,...
- Getting Aristocratic With Dividends. TRUC, HENRY // Equities;Jun2009, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p12
An interview with Sam Stovall, chief investment strategist for Standard & Poor's (S&P) Equity Research, is presented. When asked about the market's move in response to the S&P 500's favorable performance since March 2009, he states that gains have been experienced by the 30 sectors within the...
- S&P: California Has Chipped Away at 'Wall of Debt'. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;2/2/2015, Vol. 1, p1
The article discusses a report from the Standard & Poor on improving finance in California. According to analysts Gabriel Petek and David Hitchcock, fiscal recovery of the state is due to lowering of its expenditure baseline than increase in revenue. They said that general obligation debt rating...
- Investment upswing to take time. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);3/30/2015, p12
The article focuses on a report from global ratings agency Standard and Poor's Corp., which revealed that capital spending in India is likely to take 12 months to start recovering.