David Wyss on the Tenacious Recession and Planning for a Costly Retirement
- Q&A with economist David Wyss. Moffitt, Clay // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/21/2011, p1
The article presents an interview with David Wyss, chief economist at Standard & Poor's Corp., who discusses the economic condition in the U.S., the end of the recession, and the increasing consumer debt that affects the recovery.
- Home Prices in 20 Cities Climb. // American Banker;11/25/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 212, p8
The article reports that housing prices rose in 20 U.S. cities in September 2009. This is regarded as an indicator of economic recovery from the global financial crisis which began in 2008. Details on the Standard & Pool's/Case-Schiller housing price index statistics are presented, and various...
- All eyes on the US economy. Greenwood, Ross // inFinance;Jun2008, Vol. 122 Issue 2, p16
The article presents an interviews with David Wyss, chief economist of Standard & Poor's company in New York about the current crisis in the U. S. economy. He was asked about the seriousness in the experienced downturn in the U. S. economy and the severity of the recession among people and teh...
- Average Home Prices Continue to Rise. // Qualified Remodeler;Sep2012, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the 2.2 percent increase of average home prices for May 2012 based on the data provided by the Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P)/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices in the U.S.
- House Prices Fall Second Consecutive Month. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;1/2/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that house prices dropped 0.7% in September and 1.2% in October 2011 in the U.S. based on the figures of Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P).
- HOME VALUES' SILVER LINING. B. R. // Atlanta;May2012, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p24
The article offers information on Standard & Poor's Corp. Case-Shiller index, which reveals a decline in home values in Atlanta, Georgia in 2011.
- Analyst: No hope in sight as home prices drop again. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;3/30/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p21
The article reports on the data released by Standard & Poor's Corp. and Case Shiller which showed that home prices continue to decline in the U.S.
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;7/20/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33151, p2
Corrections to articles including the story on a bond sale in West Virginia that was published in the July 13, 2009 issue and the story on the downgrading of California's economic recovery bonds by Standard & Poor Corp. in the July 17, 2009 issue.
- ECONOMY. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/6/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 36, pP19
The article reports on the decrease in home sales in Las Vegas, Nevada, based on the data released by Standard & Poor's Case-Shiller Home Price Index for June 2010.