Riding Through Tech Cycles
- Chris Bowick. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);6/3/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p16
Profiles cable professional Chris Bowick, chief technology officer and senior vice president of engineering of Cox Communications. Educational background; Achievements in the cable industry; His views on next-generation network architectures.
- A Tale of Four Calls. Gibbon, Kent // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p40
Focuses on the telephone conversation of the author with executives of four major multisystem operators in the U.S. Views expressed by executives of Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc.; Comments of executives of Insight Inc. and Charter Communications Inc.
- Cox tests tiers: two speeds, two prices. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p10
Reports the launching of a market trial by Cox Communications to test a tiered broadband pricing model in Connecticut. Launch of print and radio advertising to introduce the service; Price of the broadband service; Schedule for the widespread deployment of the service.
- Fuming over cable net service. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p41
Reports on the introduction of Cox Communications Inc.'s Cox@Home broadband service in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1999.
- Cox: Message About Data Overage Charge Was an 'Error' // Multichannel News;4/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p28
The article reports that the message to the website that overage fees will be billed for the excessive bandwidth usage of broadband customers every month was a mistake according to Cox Communications Inc.
- Cox sets the table for retail set-tops. // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the creation of retail pump for digital set-tops by Cox Communications Inc. in the U.S. Features of the DCP501 Home Theater System; Products offered by Cox; Impact of Explorer 3100HD box on cable system.
- Dave's Broadband Home. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p56
Comments on the broadband home of Dave Anderson, executive of corporate communications at Charter Communications Inc., housed in the Ernest N. Morinal Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. Reason the broadband house was dubbed Dave's home; Home-centered channels of Scripps; Collaborators of the home.
- Cable's Building Boom: New HQs on the Way. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;10/8/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p32
The article informs that Charter Communications Inc. has selected its new corporate home in Stamford, Connecticut and highlights that Cox Communications Inc. has moved to a new office building in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Charter Sends New Techs to Boot Camp. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p42
Reports on Charter Communications Inc.'s Broadband University initiative. Inaugural class of Broadband Boot Camp; Teaching of new hires on how to set up a digital set-top box.