Gerald Clarke's Shapes and Sounds of Cahuilla
- Another magazine hits the streets. // New Mexico Business Journal;Jul95, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p11
Announces the release of the magazine `Indian Artist.' Target market; Use of `native' perspective; Identification of contributors by tribe.
- Clinton, Riordan hail Indian prize winners. Robb, David // Hollywood Reporter;2/13/95, Vol. 335 Issue 50, p6
Reports that President Bill Clinton and Mayor Richard Riordan sent greetings and congratulations to the winners of the 1995 First Americans in the Arts Awards, which recognize the achievements of American Indians in film, television and music. Role of Native Americans in the entertainment...
- HUNKPAPA SIOUX ARTIST DEL IRON CLOUD GOES BACK TO WOUNDED KNEE IN HIS MOVING THE LAST JOURNEY. Boggs, Johnny D. // Wild West;Feb2001, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p52
Features the painting `The Last Journey,' by Hunkpapa Sioux Indian artist Del Iron Cloud. His paintings about the December 1890 Wounded Knee Massacre in Dakota; Personal background; Career in the United States Air Force.
- Heard winners. // Navajo Times;3/10/2011, Vol. 50 Issue 10, pC6
Photographs of Indian artists who won at the 53rd Annual Heard Museum Guild Indian fair and market are presented, including Tahnibaa Naataanli, Charlene Laughing, and Jeremy Frey.
- PRESTON SINGLETARY. SINGLETARY, PRESTON // Native Peoples Magazine;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p44
The article explores the works of Native American artist Preston Singletary.
- Art Quiz. JAMES, ERIKKA; SCHNEIDER, WOLF // Native Peoples Magazine;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p164
A quiz is presented concerning various Native Americans artists including silversmith Jacob D. Morgan, jewelry-maker Heidi Bigknife and painter Mateo Romero.
- Q&A. Righthand, Jess // Smithsonian;Jan2011, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p23
An interview with Native American performance artist James Luna is presented. Luna, a member of California's LuiseÃ±o tribe, discusses standing in front of Union Station in Washington, D.C. and inviting people to photograph him. He examines the role of the audience in his performance and...
- Artists sought for holiday art show. // Native American Times;7/2/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p8
The article encourages Native American artists to participate in the 2010 Cherokee National Holiday Art Show in Tahlequah, Oklahoma.
- Artful Display. Wallace, Audra // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;11/9/2009, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p6
The article features Brian Jungen, an American Indian artist who lives in Canada.