Virgin Mobile Gaining Toe-Hold In Asia
- All the news that fits. holtz, shel // Communication World;Jul2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p9
The article offers the author's insights on the focus of brand newsrooms on real-time marketing. Topics discussed by the author include the investment of prepaid cellular phone company Virgin Mobile in brand newsrooms, the benefits of newsroom mentality, and the success of real-time marketing in...
- NETWORKS. // Total Telecom Magazine;Jun2003, p6
Presents news briefs on telecommunication networks industry as of June 2003. Launch of a corporate customers access virtual private networks via a general packet radio service by France-based Equant; Selection of Atos Origin to provide infrastructure services for Virgin Mobile in Great Britain;...
- Virgin Trailer Park act. // Marketing Event;Sep2001, p6
Focuses on the V2001 festival held from August 18 to 19, 2001 at Essex, England, which featured trailer park environments sponsored by Virgin Mobile. Information on the Virgin Mobile Trailer Park; Features of the Lads, Girls and Surveillance trailers.
- Virgin Mobile coming to America. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
Announces the plan of virtual network operator Virgin Mobile USA to sign an agreement with a telecommunication carrier in the United States and offer nationwide service by the end of 2001.
- Virgin Mobile gears up for Â£1m direct assault on student market. Rosser, Michael // Precision Marketing;10/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Reports that the Virgin Mobile is preparing to launch its marketing campaign directed towards the student market with an integrated campaign designed to increase subscriptions. Incentives offered to participants; Marketing activities.
- Virgin Mobile to open up third party premium SMS. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;1/23/2003, p3
Focuses on the decision of Virgin Mobile to open up third party reverse billing for short messaging system (SMS) service. Benefits to content providers; Reason for the reluctance of Virgin Mobile to allow third party premium SMS access in year 2002; Issues on the quality of SMS services.
- Virgin Mobile viral drive to estate agents. // Precision Marketing;9/6/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 49, p3
Reports the launching of electronic mail marketing campaign by Virgin Mobile in Great Britain. Features of the campaign; Campaign designer.
- Virgin Mobile sets sights on Asia. // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p40
Reports on the plan of Virgin Mobile to expand its mobile virtual network operations into the Asian market. Cost of the expansion; Expansion period targeted by the company; Target markets of the company in Asia.
- New Competitor Steps In Strong. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the emergence of virtual network operators in the United States such as Virgin Mobile that might become strong competitor of wireless communication system operators. Strategy of Virgin Mobile; Remaining uncertainties about third-generation wireless services; Impact of consolidation...