Is the Equity Risk Premium Still Thriving, or a Thing of the Past?
- Investment Masters. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p52
The article presents a transcript of a panel discussion at the 2003 Retreat of the Financial Planning Association held in Traverse City, Michigan. The long-term planning at Evensky, Brown and Katz has been based on the long-term Ibbotson data. On the other hand, David Yeske of Yeske & Company...
- True Believer. Updegrave, Walter // Money;Sep2010, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p105
An interview with market scholar and money manager Roger Ibbotson is presented. Topics include stock investing advice, publication of an investing yearbook on stocks, bonds, Treasury bills, and inflation by Ibbotson Associates, and Ibbotson's expectations regarding long-term stock investment...
- Streamline Your Business Plan, One Note Card at a Time. Komoszewski, Jim // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar/Apr2011 Practice Management, p24
The article focuses on the importance for financial planners in the U.S. to evaluate their business plan and make a revision that will summarize the critical elements of the overall business strategy. It says that the significant points of an adviser's business plan should ideally fit in an...
- A 'New Normal' Look at Practice Growth. Kitces, Michael E // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p16
The article looks at financial planning professionals in the U.S., as of 2013. It focuses on how financial planners are trying to thrive professionally and expand their businesses in an economic context of stagnant household incomes and assets and lower rates of return on investments. It...
- The Financial Planning Implications of an Aging Population and Budget Deficits. Jahnke, William // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p40
The article discusses financial planning implications of an aging population and budget deficits in the U.S. The article aims to address some of the financial planning-related issues that will affect both future investment returns and the cost of living. It is noted that when financial planners...
- What's Your Take? // On Wall Street;May2014, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p8
No abstract available.
- A Financial Planning Christmas Carol. Clark, Bob // Investment Advisor;Dec2014, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p47
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in researching and writing about the future of financial planning profession in the U.S. including financial planner Lynn Hopewell and the luminaries who established the profession.
- Reaping Rewards from Study Groups. Newton, Catherine // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p86
Presents an interviews with four members of the Financial Planning Association in the United States. Involvement of the financial planners in the Certified Financial Planners program; Development of a portfolio management practice within financial planning firs; Enhancement of tax law change...
- Holistic Wealth Management. Walters, Edmond // Advisor Today;Jun2003, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p54
Provides advice in selecting a wealth-planning and management solution in the U.S. Ability to aggregate accounts; Importance of balance updates; Client communication capabilities.