sounding the call for Voice and Data
- Products. // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p36
Introduces several wireless telecommunication products and services. Mobile telephones from Nokia Networks; BeVocal Total Messaging Solution from BeVocal Inc.; ThruWAVE Wireless Broadband Router from Hybrid Networks Inc.
- Dialing by voice. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;11/06/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 19, p24
Reports on the voice portal access offered by Qwest Wireless company through its wireless communications system as of November 2000. Benefits of the project to voice infrastructure software provider BeVocal; Features of the voice interface; Ways to access and use the service.
- Multimodal brings flexibility. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p19
Deals with the use of multimodal platform on mobile communications systems. Features of the mobile communication system developed by BeVocal Inc., a voice platform provider; Decision of OnMobile Systems Inc. to sell its multimodal platform to Hutchinson Max Telecom Ltd.; Advantages of wireless...
- WIRELESS INTERNET. // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p28
Presents updates on wireless Internet products and services as of June 19, 2000. Packet data-serving node platform from Nortel; Features of the free consumer voice portal of BeVocal Inc.
- Need An Answer? Just Ask. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p38
Offers a look at several voice portals companies that offer access to Internet content by voice. BeVocal.com; Tellme Networks Inc.; Quack.com.
- BeVocal offers voiceXML to carriers as platform. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p35
Reports on the software solution offered by BeVocal that enables wireless carriers to create and run voiceExtensible Markup Language-based applications on their own networks. Applications of the solution; Factors influencing the company to take the technology into the carrier marketplace;...
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...