Catching Up with Dr. Janey Thornton
- UC Santa Cruz Goes Officially Green. // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on green certification received by two dining halls, Crown/Merrill Dining Hall and Banana Joe's CafÃ©, at the University of California in Santa Cruz, California from City Mayor Emily Reilly. The certification requirements cover areas with emphasis on pollution prevention,...
- What the Numbers Say. // Curriculum Review;Jan2006, Vol. 45 Issue 5, following p8
The section presents news briefs in education as of January 2006. The 2005 National Assessment of Educational Progress reported mixed results in the national math and reading assessment of students. A study by the U.S. Agriculture Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention...
- Weekly PQs - Westminster. // Education Parliamentary Monitor;1/12/2015, Issue 683, p1
The article presents written parliamentary questions on education presented before the British House of Commons and the House of Lords which include topics like free school meals among General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) students, young people in children's homes, and apprenticeships.
- Loyola Marymount Earns Green Certification. // FoodService Director;3/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that two dining venues at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California have earned 3-Star Certification from Green Restaurant Association (GRA) in December 2013.
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.
- ...rewriting the book on school foodservice. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the challenges facing American school food service directors as they deal with the new generation of youths. Difference in the expectations of children; Consciousness of kids on what the market has to offer; Installation of fun and sophistication in the luncheon dining experience.
- Stay in line, and no honking. Coeyman, Marjore // Restaurant Business;11/20/95, Vol. 94 Issue 17, p20
Reports on the popularity of a hamburger drive-through operating in a public high school in Bryan, Texas. Drive-throughs as an opportunity to capture the high school student market; Success of the breakfast service; Attractiveness of the idea to campuses with open-school policy.
- Cafeteria facelift rejuvenates sales at Cocoa Beach Jr./Sr. high school. // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
No abstract available.