Steve Case: An Entrepreneur's Life
- Cultural Immersion. Bellows, Keith // National Geographic Traveler;Oct2006, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p10
The article presents an interview with Steve Case, co-founder of AOL. He plans to launch the company, Revolution. He claims that a lot of travel experiences today are homogenized. He describes how his new resorts differ from other resorts. He asserts that it is important to pursue sustainable,...
- It's getting worse for AOL TW. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p16
Focuses on the impact of the merger deals of AOL Time Warner on the Financial performance of the company in the U.S. Reference to the problems confronting the company depicted in the annual report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission; Factors affecting the performance of the merger...
- DEALS, WHEELS SPIN AT AOL TW. Goldsmith, Jill; Offman, Craig // Variety;2/17/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 1, p6
Speculates on the possible sale of assets by AOL Time Warner (TW) Inc., in an effort to ease its debt in the U.S. as of February 2003. Implications of former AOL TW vice-chairman Ted Turner's diminished role at the corporation; Assets of AOL which are set to be sold; Role of AOL chief executive...
- Strategy. Ellis, John // Fast Company;Jan2003, Issue 66, p66
Discusses the reasons for the problems of AOL Time Warner. Lack of interoperability of its information technology systems; Inferiority of its product; Absence of a broadband communication strategy at AOL.
- Online with Steve Case. Berniker, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;10/24/94, Vol. 124 Issue 43, p33
Presents an interview with Steve Case, president of America Online. Role of the TV industry in the growth of new media; Television content online; Definition of interactive TV; CD-ROM and online; New media as cannibalizing traditional media; Stumbling blocks and opportunities for the growth of...
- ASTROLOGY. Tanz, Jason // Fortune;2/5/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p26
Offers astrological predictions for AOL Time Warner, which began trading stocks on January 18. Consultation of financial astrologer Raymond Merriman; Predictions regarding the success of the company.
- AOL overhauls titles. Fine, Jon // Advertising Age;12/17/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 51, p3
The article focuses on how AOL Time Warner will change two magazine brands in its Time4 Media portfolio as of fall 2001. The periodicals "Field and Stream" and "Outdoor Life," will be redesigned in an effort to rebuild business. AOL Time Warner will also reduce advertising and subscriptions...
- AOL preps for a money pit. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;9/10/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 70, p1
Reports that the America Online is not expected to meet its expected full-year financial targets, according to the AOL Time Warner (TW). Shares performance of the AOL TW; Reason for the less than expected financial performance of the AOL; Expected restructuring and management revamp at the...
- AT PRESS TIME. // Electronic Media;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p1
Reports on developments concerning business enterprises in the United States as of August 13, 2001. AOL Time Warner Inc.'s cancellation of a number of upfront advertising orders; Warner Bros. Inc.'s filing of a breach of contract suit against independent producer Rocket Science Laboratories.