Strigl: Industry Experiencing Watershed Period
- Dennis Strigl. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;12/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 51/52, p8
Discusses how Verizon Wireless Inc. chief executive officer Dennis Strigl has guided and managed the telecommunications company. Career background of Strigl; Implementation of a merit system in Verizon by Strigl; Ways Strigl managed his relationship with Verizon employees.
- GSM Association: back to the future. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2004, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p24
Interviews Rob Conway, chief executive of the telecommunication service provider, GSM Association. Emphasis on seamless operation across telecommunication networks, handsets and borders; Competitive differentiation strategy of the company; Development of products integrating code division...
- Q&A. // InfoWorld;1/26/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p15
Interviews Neal Shact, CEO of CommuniTech, a telecommunications equipment vendor specializing in headsets, video, and audio teleconferencing equipment. His views on IP telephony; IP solution choices to be available for average enterprise; Problems with the use of IP telephony.
- NEW MEDIA PEOPLE. // New Media Age;6/17/2004, p39
The article interviews Mike Grenville, CEO of 160 Characters. 160 Characters is a mobile messaging forum. Grenville runs a weekly newsletter and a bi-monthly series of events, which center around topics of discussion. Examples of issues are adult content and spam. Grenville starts the day...
- Verizon expands EV-DO, Cingular says it's under no pressure to match speed. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the expansion of the Evolution-Data Only (EV-DO) network of Verizon Wireless in the U.S. Claims of Verizon on the number of potential customers on its EV-DO network; Statement issued by Denny Strigl, president and CEO of Verizon, on their expanding EV-DO network; Effect of the EV-DO...
- Rebel with a cause. Pennington, Adrian // New Media Age;11/22/2007, p24
An interview with Andrew Creighton, the chief executive officer (CEO) of Vice Media Group Europe, is presented. Creighton, having introduced U.S. style magazine "Vice" to Europe, is following its young, urban audience online with a video edition. He believes that the company's Vice Broadcasting...
- VERIZON WIRELESS REPORTS FIRST QTR. CUSTOMER GROWTH. // RBOC Update;May2001, pN.PAG
Reports on the increased customer base of Verizon Wireless as of the first quarter of 2001. Total number of customers; Percentage of increase in service-revenue-per subscriber; Comment from Denny Strigl, president and CEO of Verizon Wireless.
- Vote for RCR Wireless News' person of the year. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p10
Profiles the candidates for the 2002 Person of the Year who most influenced the wireless communications industry in 2002. Judge Catherine Blake of the U.S. District Court in Baltimore, Maryland; Jorma Ollila, chief executive officer of Nokia Corp.; Dennis Strigl, chief executive officer of...
- Hear Me Now. Woolley, Scott // Forbes Global;11/10/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p42
Reports that Dennis Strigl, chief executive of Verizon Wireless Inc. has came out in favor of a U.S. federal mandate that lets customers keep their cell phone numbers when they switch carriers. Reaction of customers and the telecommunication industry to Strigl's position; Number of cell phone...