Crisis with a capital 'C'
- A comic-book hero: Kazuhiko Kinosita Jr. Kinosita Jr., Kazuhiko // Nature;3/20/2003, Vol. 422 Issue 6929, p266
Interviews Kazuhiko Kinosita Jr., a professor of single-molecule physiology at Okazaki National Research Institutes in Central Japan. Career background; Academic achievements; Views about scientific research.
- Labor of love. // Prague Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p18
Interviews professor, Petr Bilk from the University of Palacky in Czechoslovakia about the compensation for teachers. Teaching career; Views about the education system; Launch of a petition calling for increase in wages for teachers.
- On Teacher Career Development: A Conversation with Phillip Schlechty. Brandt, Ron // Educational Leadership;Nov85, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p20
Interviews Philip Schlecty, a Professor of Education at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill concerning teacher career development. Prospects for the development of a model of a school-university cooperation; Factors that affect career development; Impact of teachers' pay and working...
- Speed up or slow rumen passage rate? CARSON, VICKY // Southern Farmer (1541-2008);Mar2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p32
The article presents an interview with a professor of Vermont Technical College.
- The new austerity: University budgets in the 1990s. Hood, John // Academic Questions;Spring96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p82
Reports on austerity in the university budgets in the 1990s. Explosion of college costs; Contrasts in higher education spending by function between school year 1961-62 and 1991-92; Change in priorities; Administrative costs; Financial aid to students.
- University-industry cooperation is key to... Salkind, M. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/5/1988, Vol. 129 Issue 23, p95
Opinion. Discusses the growing role of the large university as research manager and entrepreneur-builder and stresses university-industry cooperation in building a strong technology base. Some changes are needed, but the potential economic gain is worth the effort.
- Higher education, lower debt. Stephens, B. // Black Enterprise;Sep89, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p80
Offers tips on how to reduce the cost of higher education. Loan deferment; Dangers of loan default; Types of loans available.
- Financing options for your child's education. Ness, I. // Black Enterprise;Dec89, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p43
Discusses financing options for parents saving for a child's college education. High costs of college; Savings and investment strategies; Where to go for further assistance.
- Financing your college dream. // Essence (Essence);Apr90, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p34
Lists guidelines for finding financial aid for a college education, including grants and loans. INSET: Dollars from the Sunshine state (Florida endowment fund).;Help....