- Mom, the TV's Got a Virus! Barthold, Jim // Communications Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p12
The article analyzes if televisions would be susceptible to viruses. Brian Baker, chief executive officer of WideVine Technologies has stated that there is the capability of getting some type of virus on the machine if the box that is being used is a DOCSIS terminal device, broadband data and...
- News briefs. // Network World;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p10
Reports developments in the computer industry of the United States as of July 2001. Description of the Code Red virus; Resignation of Joel Rosen as chief executive officer of NaviSite online services; Arrest of Dmitri Sklyarov, a cryptographer for the Moscow, Russia-based software firm...
- FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING. Macintyre, John // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;4/18/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p3
Presents statistics on several issues in North America. Percentage of baseball fans that say the problem with Major League Baseball is that players use steroids; Rate of e-mails received worldwide that contained viruses in 2004; Ranks of firefighters, flight attendants, and chief executive...
- New security risks hit Oracle. Roberts, Paul F. // eWeek;11/7/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p24
The article focuses on the new security risks caused by a worm that spreads among Oracle Corp. databases. The worm is the first ever developed for an Oracle platform and is considered a low security risk. However, the worm calls attention to loose security practices that are still common on...
- Trend to shed 'one-trick pony' tag. Tullett, Jon // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Jun2004, p15
This article presents an interview with Steve Chang, chief executive officer of Trend Micro, on the plan of the company to counter the occurrence of computer viruses. Chang has allegedly piloted the company into uncharted territory. From an undiluted focus on traditional anti-virus (AV)...
- Beef up your plant network security--the sooner the better! // Control Solutions International;Oct2003, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p25
Interviews Brian Ahern, president and CEO of Verano, on security monitoring of computer systems. Steps to insure that a plant floor control will not receive computer viruses; Suggestions on improving the protection of the web browser connection; Features of UNIX-based operating systems.
- Selecting Leaders. Fernandez, Jorge E. // Executive Excellence;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the recruitment, selection and development practices of chief executive officers (CEO) in the U.S. Assessment of the behavioral style of CEO; Factors considered in promotion of executive; Behavioral characteristics of CEO.
- Correction. // Employee Benefit News;Jun2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p7
A correction to the article about Fred Barstein, founder and chief executive officer of 401Exchange, published in the April 15, 2007 issue, is presented.
- WHAT MAGAZINES CEOS ARE READING. // SGB;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on the favorite magazines of some chief executive officers including A. Stone Douglass, CEO of Orange 21, Bob Puccini, President Mizuno USA and Matt Rubel, CEO Collective Brands.