Stumping for 'S-SPANs'
- ESPN: Still the Worldwide Leader. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;7/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p31
The article reports that television programmer ESPN still continues to the leader in sports television industry in the U.S. despite the departure of high-profile talent and a net loss of subscribers in the cable television marketplace in the U.S. as of 2015.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p83
Photographs of highlights from several events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including the Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania's Cable Academy event, Telemundo's New York upfront, the e Weather Channel's 30th anniversary party.
- TRANSLATION PLEASE: Your 2012 Cable Show Jargon Descrambler. ELLIS, LESLIE // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p88
The article offers information on the 2012 Cable Show in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Bouncing Into Boston. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p91
The author discusses the 2012 Cable Show, offering updates to companies in the cable television industry in the U.S.
- Content Economics Could Play In Cable's Favor. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/28/2012, Issue 22, p22
The article reports on the impact of the U.S. economic problems on the ratings of cable television (TV) programmers to over-the-top TV services.
- stat snapshot. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p39
The article presents a bar graph depicting growth in video-on-demand viewing for cable networks in America from October 2012 to September 2013, along with a table depicting America's top 20 original cable movies for the same period.
- Cable networks could beat broadcast to upfront finish line. // Advertising Age;6/24/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 25, p3
The article speculates on the end of the upfronts market for television advertising during the 2013-14 television season, discussing the likelihood that cable television networks will finish their negotiations before network television stations in June 2013 and discussing the implications of...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;10/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p54
The article offers several news briefs regarding media networks in the United States. Fox Business Network will launch its web site at FxoBusiness.com on October 1, 2007. BigBand Network is expecting to have a revenue of $35 million, and declares an operating loss for September 30, 2007. The...
- TV ads on a budget. MILLER, HAL; WENIG, MIKE // Model Retailer;Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p14
The article offers advice on how to advertise on cable television providers and television network associates. It advises on how a hobby model retailer can have advertisements offering its products to be aired on cable providers and network affiliates and explains how to go about with the idea....