TI heaps on Texas-sized support for 802.11
- Business & Finance. Kilborn, Robert; Cook, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;3/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 77, p24
Presents news briefs related to business and finance as of March 16, 2001, including the plans of Texas Instruments to lay off 600 workers.
- One mentor's imprint. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Apr97, Vol. 42 Issue 4, Special report... p2
Presents the things that Shalendra Singh, manager of Advanced Multi-layer Interconnect in Texas Instrument's Defense System Group learned about mentoring from his mentor who taught him how to deal with people as well as with technology. How Singh's mentor broadened his professional skills.
- Chipmaker's Sample Screw-up. // Design News;1/13/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p30
Reports on how Mike Hastings, marcom manager for Texas Instruments Standard Linear and Logic Semiconductor Group, handled each complaint of design engineers regarding their requests for samples of logic parts.
- OFFER CARS, SPUR REFERRALS. Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;08/21/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p18
Reports on an employee incentive given by Texas Instruments Inc. to its employees who can get job candidates for the company. Number of workers hired due to employee referrals; Remarks from Roger Coker, staffing/sourcing manager at Texas Instruments.
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS' LUNATIC FRINGE. Lewis, Peter // Fortune;9/4/2006, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p120
This article reports on a group of senior engineers working at the semiconductor and electronics manufacturer Texas Instruments who have been given free rein to explore any innovative or curious idea they happen to think of. This freewheeling method has given rise to many ideas that have been...
- INTERVIEW. Vashisht, Pankaj // Electronics For You;Oct2014, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p128
An interview with Kent Novak, senior vice president and general manager for DLP Products at Texas Instruments, is presented. Topics discussed by Novak include the enhancements for the modern digital light processing (DLP) chip, the limitation on the image size or resolution while using DLP...
- How to handle the media. // Management;Mar97, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p22
Presents tips for managers about handling media interviews. Refusing to comment about something; Broken record technique; Apologizing or admitting mistakes; Encouraging fact-checking after the story in written.
- The glass corner office. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p37
Interviews several women financial executives. Situation of women in banking; Benefits of financial executives from their mentors; Reason for the refusal of some women executives to share their knowledge. INSET: Must you be a swinger to be a good community banker?.
- Steve Wadsworth. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;11/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p7
Interviews Steve Wadsworth, president of the Walt Disney Internet Group in the U.S. Background of the group; Changing nature of the group's business model; Advertising model of the group.