Honor, Duty, Cable
- The First Name in Cable. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 24, p22
An interview with the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) president Michael Powell is presented. He expresses his appreciation to the commitment of the cable industry in terms of being diverse both on an ethnic and gender basis. He believes that there should be a room for...
- Powell Pushes Back. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;4/28/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 16, p19
An interview with Michael Powell, president of National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA), is presented. Powell discusses the merit behind issues such as coordinated retransmission (retrans) and sharing agreements, his praise for Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Tom...
- Powell to the People. // Multichannel News;4/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p18
An interview with National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) president and chief executive officer (CEO) Michael Powell is presented. When asked on his assessment on his first year as NCTA CEO, he says that it was satisfying and exceeded his expectations. Powell believes that the...
- Builder of Powerful Brands. Umslead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p50
The article announces that president of television networks, NBC Universal Cable Entertainment and Universal Cable Productions, Bonnie Hammer has received the 2010 Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership (Woman) from the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA).
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p4
Reports developments in the telecommunication industry in the United States as of May 2001. Decision of associations to rechristen its names; Interview of Federal Communications Commission chairman Michael Powell by Brian Lamb; Introduction of cartoon character SpongeBob Squarepants by Nickelodeon.
- Wireless industry major part of next revolution. // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p47
Presents an interview with United States Federal Communications Commissioner (FCC) Michael Powell on issues affecting the wireless industry in the US. Spectrum caps; Debate over the strongest-signal issue; Ways by which wireless industry can help local competition; Views on the FCC auction...
- LONG DAYS AT THE FCC. Munro, Neil // National Journal;9/22/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p2932
Interviews Michael Powell, head of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). His top priorities; Role of the government in preventing hurdles to the emergence of digital economy; Impact of the introduction of broadband on consumers; Circumstances that would justify FCC action to...
- NCTA: Well Be Part of Anti-Violence Solution. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;1/14/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p3
The article focuses on the interest of the cable operator of the National Cable and Telecommunications Associations (NCTA) to participate in conservation of guns prompted by mass shooting at Sandy Hook in Newtown, Connecticut.
- NCTA Tech Papers, Part 1: The Whale. ELLIS, LESLIE // Multichannel News;6/4/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p28
The article offers information on the technical papers released by the U.S. organization National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA).