Charlotte's mayor moves into the fast lane
- The city of Charlotte, North Carolina. // Public Personnel Management;Winter95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p461
Presents the city of Charlotte, North Carolina, winner of the excellence award from the International Personnel Management Association. Retrenchment of employees; Gainsharing approach to rewarding employees; Application of techniques in rightsizing, total quality management and broadbanding.
- On a Lighter Note. AREND, MARK // Site Selection;Sept2014, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Top Utilities in Canada and how they attract capital investment, interview with North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory, and the role of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in reawakening...
- Ingram serves as N.C. House page. // Charlotte Post;5/9/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p1A
The article reports that Shelby Ingram, student of West Charlotte High School in Charlotte, North Carolina (N.C.), spent a week at the General Assembly acting as a page, an individual who learns the lawmaking process of N.C. government, in the N.C. House of Representatives.
- Mayoral field deep in possibilities. White, Herbert L. // Charlotte Post;4/11/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p1A
The article focuses on several potential mayoral candidates in Charlotte, North Carolina, as of April 2013 including David Howard, Michael Barnes, and Dan Clodfelter, who will succeed Mayor Anthony Foxx.
- Business Spoken Here. AREND, MARK // Site Selection;Sept2014, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p100
An interview with North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory is presented. When asked about the reduction income taxes in 2015 and its would-be effects on the income of the state, McCrory mentions that he has to do it in a systematic way to benefit the state economically. McCrory discusses the state...
- COMMERCIAL CONSIDERATION. Otterbourg, Ken // Business North Carolina;Oct2012, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p56
An interview with North Carolina gubernatorial candidates Democratic Walter Dalton and Republican Pat McCrory is presented. They each explain their goals for the state and how they plan to approach important issues that matter to the business community. They comment on the "Site Selection"...
- Ripon Profile. // Ripon Forum;Summer2013, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p32
An interview with Charlotte, North Carolina governor Pat McCrory is presented. When asked about his biggest accomplishment as a mayor of Charlotte, he reflects on job creation, transportation and economic development. He comments on the impact of his seven-term tenure as mayor on the...
- Stone throws challenge at Dems. Brokaw, Sommer // Charlotte Post;10/13/2011, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p1A
The article elaborates on Republican mayoral candidate Scott Stone's challenge for Anthony Fox, the Democratic mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, to sign a Protect Charlotte Workers Pledge, which ensures that convention jobs related to the 2012 elections will go to local workers and small...
- We fall down, but the victory is in finding way back up. Chilton, Michele J. // Charlotte Post;10/23/2014, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p5A
No abstract available.