Schroeder Speaks: On Copyright Protection, Publishers' Image Problem And Promoting Books On The Cheap
- AAP 'Has Issues' with Libraries. // American Libraries;Apr2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the dispute between the Association of American Publishers (AAP) and libraries over fair use. The criticism which AAP President Patricia Schroeder made about libraries, prior to the 2001 annual meeting in Washington, D.C.
- From the mouth of Pat Schroeder. // Glamour;Jun96, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p103
Reports that the House of Representatives will soon be without the wit of Republican Pat Schroeder due to her retirement. Schroeder's name for ex-president Reagan; Schroeder's response to being a congress-woman and a mother at the same time; Some unknown sayings of Schroeder.
- Pat Schroeder's ambition to be First Lady. Green, M.; Chandler, D. // People;9/7/87, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p48
Colorado Congresswoman Patricia Schroeder, 47, isn't officially running for President, yet. Until recently she had planned to be campaign co-chairman for her old friend Gary Hart, and to run herself in 1992. Now she has decided to assess her political situation and decide at the end of...
- Colorado Rep. Pat Schroeder. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;12/1/95, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p2
Informs about the decision of Colorado Rep. Pat Schroeder, leader for abortion rights and a prime sponsor of the family-leave act, to retire as reported on December 1, 1995.
- Denver: Early warning. Howard, Lucy; Van Boven, Sarah // Newsweek;11/6/1995, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p6
Reports that, days before Denver, Colorado's airport opened in 1995, Colorado Representative Pat Schroeder received an internal Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) memo warning that the FAA control tower might be dangerous. Air-traffic-control officials worried about worker safety and...
- Pat Schroeder calls it quits. // Human Events;12/8/95, Vol. 51 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the decision of radical Colorado Representative Patricia Schroeder not to seek re-election to the Denver seat. Growing number of Democratic retirements from Congress; Reasons Schroeder decided to quit; Advocate of feminist causes; Implications for Democrats in the House.
- Mothers at risk. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;9/05/96, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p11
Cites a study compiled by the US Health and Human Services Department on the rate of mortality for American mothers in 1990. Data collection method used for the study; Comparison of results with those from a French study; Vow of Representative Pat Schroeder (D-Colo.) to introduce legislation...
- THE DENNIS THATCHER SOCIETY. SCHROEDER, JAMES // Lincoln Center Theater Review;Spring2014, Issue 63, p21
The article discusses the author's experience of being married to former congresswoman Pat Schroeder for the District of Colorado wherein explored is the author's life as part of a political family.
- CDA ruling hailed, but free speech activists are wary. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/7/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 27, p15
Presents reactions from the Supreme Court's historic rebuke of the Communications Decency Act. Pat Schroeder, president of the Association of American Publishers; Ann Beeson, staff lawyer for the American Civil Liberties Union.