Proskauer Cautions Buyers on Covenants
- NPLs Dropping In South Korea. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/12/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p7
Reports the decline of South Korea's non-performing loans in June 2002. Percentage of decline; Status of sale of Seoulbank; Global bond of the country.
- Relative Value Investors Swinging in Favor of High Yield Bonds. Hintze, John // High Yield Report;01/15/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
Presents outlooks on the high-yield bond and bank loan markets in 2001.
- Russian Banking Sector: Robust Loan Growth Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/12/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p15
This article offers a forecast for the Russian banking sector for 2012. With banks showing a growing intent to transfer assets to loans and shy away from bond portfolio holdings, the industry is expected to experience stable growth in assets up to 2012. For the first seven months of 2011, the...
- Corporate Debt Mix Keeps Shifting -- Here's Why. Boraks, David // American Banker;8/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 146, p1
Reports on the trend among top corporate borrowers in the United States to increase their use of bonds instead of costlier bank loans in the second quarter of 2002. Decline of loan growth and lending revenues of banks; Implication of abnormally high loan repayments on the company and economy;...
- EUROPE. Appin, Rick; Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;10/14/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p10
Reports developments related to bank loans in Europe as of October 2002. Factors affecting the financial market in the region; Problems faced by priced deals; Issues underlying the high yield bond of Burger King.
- Surplus Is Helping To Ease Bailout Pain For Rhode Islanders. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;10/08/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30495, p15
Reports on the decline in Rhode Island taxpayers' bill for debt issued for the state's 1991 bank bailout. Estimated fall of the bailout's cost from the 1992 figure; State officials' issuance of bonds through the Depositors Economic Protection Corp. due to the failure of banks and credit unions...
- CK Witco Issues Bonds. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;3/15/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p11
Reports the issuance of bond notes by CK Witco to replace its bank credit used to finance the company's redemption of Uniroyal Chemical high-yield bonds.
- In The Pipeline... // Bank Loan Report;2/24/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p8
Reports that DirecTV is planning to price an as-yet unrated/B-rated offering of a ten-year, non-call five senior notes via Deutsche Bank, Bank of America Securities, Salomon Smith Barney, Credit Suisse First Boston and Goldman Sachs.
- In a World of Relative Value, Banks Accelerating Bond/Loan Marriage. Hintze, John // Bank Loan Report;02/26/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p7
Discusses the integration of bank loan and bond departments of financial institutions. Distinction of the markets; Steps taken by several financial institutions; Acceptance of the concept at regional banks.