30 UNDER 30
- Program pushes eating 'colors'. // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p18
Four Florida school districts with 12 schools unveiled the 'Eat Your Colors Every Day' healthy eating program during the recent National Five a Day Week. The program is a national nutrition education initiative to encourage people to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. A recent report noted...
- And Tours Local Market: Brownsville Ups F-F-V During `5-A-Day' Week. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p21
Provides information on the activities at the National 5-A-Day Week in September 1999 at Brownsville Independent School District, Texas which encouraged students to eat more fruits and vegetables. Bingo; Supermarket tours; Method of encouraging high school students to eat fruits and vegetables.
- Georgia kids don't pass the bar. // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the increase in the consumption of fruits and vegetables by middle school student at DeKalb County School District in Decatur, Georgia. The increase in consumption began since the schools began merchandising the foods in a la carte bars in the dining areas. The bars are...
- the simple list. Edelstein, Julia // Real Simple;Sep2012, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p12
Statistics are presented related to daily living in the U.S. as of September 2012 which include the number of U.S. school districts that offer vegetables and fresh fruits at lunch, the percentage of very optimistic and optimistic Americans over the country's future, and the length of the average...
- Portland schools ban a la carte. // FoodService Director;10/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that the Portland School District in Oregon has increased its reimbursable lunch participation by 25% in 2005 by closing down the a la carte line except for 100% juice and milk. At the same time, it boosted consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables from a salad bar. This was...
- Dallas ISD Introduces Grab-and-Go Smart Boxes. McCorquodale, Amanda // Food Management;Oct2015, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p9
The article focuses on the grab-and-go Smart Box option for lunch introduced by the Dallas Independent School District (ISD) in Texas. Topics include Smart Boxes drawing participation from the kids that just prefer a convenient and simple lunch like lunchables, the Boxes packed with whole...
- New Jersey districts receive $197M for software and hardware, etc. // Electronic Education Report;09/30/98, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the allocation for school districts New Jersey to purchase computer software, hardware and staff development resources. Distance learning applications; Maintenance of technology centers.
- Wealthy Texas Districts Say Robin Hood Starves Students. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p30
Reports on the feedback given by wealthy school districts in Texas regarding a school-finance formula for the school districts in the state. Details of the formula; Possible impact of the formula on the fiscal health of the districts; Efforts of a state legislative committee to find ways of...
- ILLINOIS: Spending Too Much. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Focuses on expenditures of school districts in Illinois. Difference between revenues and expenditures; Financial practices followed by school districts.