- Penny McConnell. Barrier, Brooke // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p24
Interviews Penny McConnell, director of Food and Nutrition Services, Fairfax County Public Schools in Springfield, Virginia. Education and career background; What she likes most in her career; Explanation of the Energy Zone Fitness Challenge; Uniqueness of their employee wellness program.
- AT ASHFSA CONFERENCE IN FLA.: HEALTHCARE'S NECESSITIES. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p20
Interviews several healthcare executives on issues concerning the food service needs of health facilities in the U.S. Employee management and retention strategies used by healthcare facilities; Actions taken to improve cafeteria sales; Provision of room service.
- B&I Guy Goes Back to School. // Food Management;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p28
An interview with Adam Miller, general manager for Pace University Foodservices in New York. When asked about what he wants when he grew up while he was a kid, he directly answered that he wanted to be a chef because of interest in food. He discusses what has attracted him to non-commercial food...
- How about dinner and a movie? // Marriage Partnership;Spring96, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p11
Reports on theaters in the United States that also offer full restaurant service. Watching movies while eating.
- Area dinner-theaters are fading to black. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;7/28/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p19
The parade of senior citizens crowding into the Drury Lane Theatre in Evergreen Park, Illinois for weekday matinees would warm the heart of any nursing home owner prospecting for tenants. But for John Lazzara, it was a troubling portent. The CEO and co-owner of Drury Lane, which opened in 1956...
- AND EYES OUT-OF-STATE ACCOUNTS: Crystal F/S out beyond B&I. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p20
Presents an interview with Tom Caccavo, vice president of Crystal Food Service. Background on the company; Information on the foodservice management contracts of the company; Plans for the expansion of the corporate dining business of Crystal Food.
- AT JOHNS HOPKINS LAB: JCP thrives in switch to P&L. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p27
Presents an interview with John C. Porter, president of J.C.P. Systems Inc. Action taken by Porter which enabled him to increase the company's profits in 2002; Food service operations of the company at John Hopkins Physics Lab; Challenges faced by the company.
- IN MID-SIZED SECTOR: Taher seizing opportunities. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p30
Presents an interview with Bruce Taher, president and chief operating officer of food service firm Taher Inc. in the U.S. Career background of Taher; Reputation of the company; Operational status of the company as of February 15, 2003.
- IN EYEING EXPANSION: FOOD SVC. INC. STAYS FRESH. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p30
Presents an interview with John Stewart, president of Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Food Service Incorporated. Growth rate of the company; His views on the equipment side of the vending business; Strategies used for attracting employees.