An "Ace" for Security
- Free for all! Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;May98, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p22
Announces that the United States Tennis Association is offering free lessons for children and adults. When the association will be offering the lessons; Contact information.
- Promoting US dominance. Rosellini, L. // U.S. News & World Report;6/29/87, Vol. 102 Issue 24, p58
Discussion of the US lack of dominance on the professional tennis circuit. How the US Tennis Association is working to develop tennis players by instituting a structured training system that is affordable.
- Sidney Poitier to host Arthur Ashe Kids' Day. // New York Amsterdam News;08/07/97, Vol. 88 Issue 32, p46
Reports that the United States Tennis Association (USTA) announced that the Arthur Ashe Stadium at USTA National Tennis Center will open officially on August 23, 1997, during a special Arthur Ashe Kids' Day, with actor Sideny Poitier as its host. Information on the stadium; Cost of the tickets...
- On Your MARKS! // Marie Claire (US Edition);Oct2010, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p315
The article offers information on several national competitive organizations in the U.S. which provides sports training to house wives including the National Softball Association, United States Bowling Congress and United States Tennis Association.
- US Tennis Association still lags behind the times. // Tennis;Feb86, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p102
Despite apparent success, a name change, and a $36 million budget, the United States Tennis Association still lags behind the times and has strayed seriously from this primary charge of developing grass roots tennis.
- TENNIS ANYONE? Bergeson, Lauren; Darr, Deanna; Prentice, George // Boise Weekly;4/17/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p22
The article reports that the U.S. Tennis Association has offered financial grants worth 25,000 U.S. dollars for building tennis courts in Boise, Idaho.
- The supreme court--creating a lasting impression. // Parks & Recreation;Feb98, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p20
Reports that the United States Tennis Association's (USTA) Play Tennis America program has proven highly successful according to the research conducted by Sports Research Incorporated. Percentage of people who participated in Play Tennis America in 1995; Most common reasons cited for continued...
- Tennis everyone? Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;02/16/98, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the United States Tennis Association's (USTA) USA Tennis Plan for Growth initiative to promote and develop tennis in the country. Comment by David Goodman, executive director of the USTA/Eastern Section in Harrison, New York State; Features of the initiative; Most active age groups...
- USTA seeks depth, not breadth, in $30 million array of sponsors. Lefton, Terry // Brandweek;09/14/98, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p14
Presents news briefs related to the marketing activities of the United States Tennis Association (USTA) as of September 14, 1998. Includes USTA's search for more corporate sponsors; Initiatives to boost tennis participation; USTA's addition of retail spaces at the Arthur Ashe stadium.