Trading His Gavel In For a Mouse
- STUDYING UP. Naville, Jane Lanhee Lee // Forbes Asia;10/27/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p62
The article reports that South Korea's NHN Corp. is planning expansion in China. The company is reported to be Korea's largest internet portal. It runs the country's biggest portal and search engine, Naver. It is stated that the company is studying the landscape of these new market so that it...
- GAMING THE ASIAN NET. Lustgarten, Abrahm // Fortune;5/15/2006, Vol. 153 Issue 9, p154
The article discusses high profile Internet companies in Asia. Chinese travel site Ctrip has huge growth potential. India's Sify, an e-commerce site and broadband service provider, has shown large stock gains as more and more computer users are gaining access to the Internet. Korean game company...
- MERGER AND SPIN-OFF OF HANGAME: IMPLICATIONS FOR INTERNET PORTAL AND WEB GAME INDUSTRY. Seongmin Jeon; Byungjoon Yoo; Iljoo Kim // Academy of Entrepreneurship Journal;2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p141
NHN Corp. is a top Internet portal operator in Korea. The Internet giant was created by merging Naver, the search engine company, with, Hangame, the game portal company, in early 2000s. The merger was evaluated as one of the most successful M&A s in Korea. Large user base and good cash flow of...
- Brave new economy. // Electronic Media;03/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p9
Editorial. Focuses on the growth of companies in the Internet industry. Evolution of the real economy; Advertisers buying of television advertising; Problems in getting workable standard for digital television.
- A HEAD START HELPS. // PC Week;04/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p56
States that an established company can assimilate technology more quickly than an Internet startup can build a loyal customer base. Continued aggressive innovation as the only way an Internet company can maintain its advantage; Business initiatives of established competitors as more threatening...
- MyAssociation.com acquires 80th organizational client. Thomson, Kimball // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/02/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p18
Features the growth of MyAssociation.com, an electronic business solutions provider in Salt Lake City, Utah. Acquisition of 80th organizational client and 75th employee; Services offered by the company; Company background.
- Growing medical dot.com to seek $8-10 million venture capital this year. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/07/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the growth of Salt Lake City, Utah-based Surgery.com, a Web site for plastic and cosmetic surgery referrals. Relocation into bigger headquarters; Plans for fall launch of revised Web site; Hiring of additional employees; Plans to launch venture capital.
- PixelMedia bucks industry trends to grow headcount by 100 percent. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/10/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p25
Presents information on the increase in the headcount and office space of Portsmouth, New Hampshire-based multimedia and Internet company PixelMedia Inc. Details on the financial performance of the company; Expansion of the client base of the company.
- Providing High-Tech Services Produces a Case of MassHysteria. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p1
Details the growth of Internet content application service provider MassHysteria Inc. Challenges confronting the company with the lack of skilled workers; Historical background on Scott Phillips and Chuck Mitchell's founding of the company; Rundown on the company's high-profile clients;...