Can Al-Jazeera's CNN Moment Last?
- IS NOW THE TIME FOR AL JAZEERA IN THE U.S.? Alt, Lorraine; Guthrie, Marisa // Hollywood Reporter;3/25/2011, Vol. 417 Issue 11, p26
The article reports on the reach of the TV network Al Jazeera English (AJE) in the U.S. where it has managed to secure carriage in only three markets, Washington, D.C., Burlington, Vermont and northwest Ohio. It also reports on its coverage of the political uprisings in the Arab world, which was...
- Al-Jazeera English looks to build audience before ads. HAMPP, ANDREW // Advertising Age;6/13/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 24, p18
The article considers the cable television network Al-Jazeera English, the English-language channel of the television news broadcaster Al-Jazeera. An increase in the audience for the network and ratings for its Web site in 2011 is considered, particularly its audience in the U.S. The network's...
- Al Jazeera America details plans for Detroit. SHEA, BILL // Crain's Detroit Business;5/6/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p0001
The article focuses on the plan of Al Jazeera America to launch in the U.S. in late summer 2013 and to take office space in downtown Detroit, Michigan. The Guardian Building is cited as a potential location for the cable network which will be staffed by U.S. employees and will target the...
- ME AND MY NET. // Internet Business;May2002, p48
Profiles Neil Martin, business development director for Sky Sports online. Job responsibilities; Perceptions on the components of professional service; Preferences in sports sites.
- Missing Al Jazeera's 'Moment'. Combs, Curtis S. // Extra!;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the growing popularity of the Qatar-based television (TV) news network Al Jazeera English (AJE) worldwide. The network reaches into 250 million homes in more than 100 countries in 2006, however, it is blacked out in few markets in the U.S. due to the lack of interest in...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...