I AM SGB: TIM BOYLE
- How I Did It. Clifford, Stephanie // Inc.;Apr2006, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p94
The author relates the business success of Gert Boyle, chairwoman of Columbia Sportswear. After the company's financial problems, Boyle, reinvented the company with the launch of new clothing. She hired a German salesman to improve the company's advertising. In 1998, she stepped down to give her...
- Columbia Grabs Pacific Trail For $20.4 Million in Auction. Tran, Khanh T. L. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/31/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 68, p14
The article reports on the acquisition of portfolio of outdoor brands of Pacific Trail by Columbia Sportswear Co. in an auction following the bankruptcy of Pacific Trail's parent company London Fog Group Inc. in the U.S. in 2006. Columbia Sportswear Co. bested Perry Ellis International Inc. and...
- Broder Bros. Avoids Declaring Bankruptcy. // Wearables;Jun2009, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p21
The article reports that clothing industry supplier Broder Bros. Co. has successfully avoided the filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The company is restructuring its $225 million debt. It relates the features of the restructuring plan for Broder. It outlines the reasons behind the termination of...
- Columbia gets street-smart. Spector, Robert // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/16/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 51, p10
Reports on Columbia Sportswear Co.'s expansion of its line of street sportswear. Target customers; Sales of women's clothing; Merchandising philosophy.
- Columbia Gets Serious, Sort Of. Feitelberg, Rosemary; Wilson, Eric // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/24/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 100, p9
Reports on the opening of Columbia Sportswear's showroom in New York City. Features of the showroom; Plans of the company; Details on the company.
- Columbia Ramps Up Tech Push. BEAUDRY, JENNIFER ERNST // FN: Footwear News;11/9/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 43, p4
The article offers information on the new footwear collection with omni-heat features from Columbia Sportswear Co. to be launched in 2010.
- Hot Foot. White, Slaton L. // SHOT Business;Apr/May2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p54
The article offers brief information on the Bugaboot Plus Electronic from Columbia Sportswear Co.
- Columbia Goes Its Own Way in Europe. Harrington, Lisa H. // Transportation & Distribution;Feb2003, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p43
Reports on the Columbia Sportswear Co.'s launched of its European distribution center in Cambrai, France. Material handling equipment and warehouse management system in the facility; Brief history of the company; Factors that contributed to the company's decision to locate its distribution...
- Getting Warmer. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Nov2009, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p88
Photographs of several jackets including one from Columbia Sportswear Co., another from the firm Merrel Apparel, and a jacket from The North Face are presented.