Leibowitz Backs FCC Moves
- EX-FTC CHAIRMAN: DON'T FEAR REGS FOR NATIVE ADS. Kantrowitz, Alex // Advertising Age;10/14/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 36, p26
An interview with former Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Jon Leibowitz is presented. When asked what the industry should expect from the commission's native advertising workshop, Leibowitz said the FTC wants to take a deeper look into an issue of public policy. Leibowitz believes the industry...
- FTC Chair Not Gunning For Media. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;6/21/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 25, p44
The article presents a reprint on the interview of the Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Jon Leibowitz. Leibowitz details the workshop on the future of journalism, which is considered as a critically important initiative of the commission. He also delineates the approach involving...
- WHERE FTC FITS IN D.C.'S BREWING PRIVACY BATTLE. LEE, EDMUND // Advertising Age;3/7/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p8
An interview is presented with Jon Leibowitz, Chairman of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Leibowitz states that the FTC is concerned with protecting the personal information of consumers generated by their Internet use. He says advertising agencies and marketers have made progress in...
- FTC alters buyer's guide rules. Lawrence, Donna // Automotive News;12/11/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5636, p6
Reports that the Federal Trade Commission has made the federal Used Car Rule easier for compliance by car dealers. What the rule requires; Amendments made; Impact of changes on enforcement; Cases against dealers since rule took effect.
- FTC offers primer on warranties. // Black Enterprise;Jul90, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p32
Announces that the Federal Trade Commission, a government organization that monitors consumer complaints, has issued some guidelines on how to evaluate product warranties. They include checking to see what parts and types of repair problems are covered and what is excluded; Determine the length...
- How the FTC serves the consumer. Oliver, D. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug88, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p18
What the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) actually does. Detailed look at antitrust, consumer protection and consumer advocacy; Examples; Effects of deregulation; Selling free market. INSET: Daniel Oliver--questions and answers..
- Washington letter. // DCI;Aug94, Vol. 155 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the concern voiced by the US Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Competition on drug manufacturers' buyout of their generic manufacturer competitors. Views of acting deputy director Mark Whitener; Criticism of practice called `bundling.'
- FTC ypdates marketing guidelines. // Waste News;04/27/98, Vol. 3 Issue 50, p1
Presents information on the revision of its 1992 environmental marketing guides by the Federal Trade Commission. Details on the revisions; Reason for the revision; What changes were made.
- FTC wants more data on mergers. // Drug Topics;11/3/97, Vol. 141 Issue 21, p7
Reports that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is examining the proposed megamergers of Cardinal Health with Bergen Brunswig and McKesson with AmeriSource. Length of time the FTC will have to review the proposed mergers; Why the review was required.